Gear Discussion Forums > Bass Amps & Effects

Dead Hiwatt (edit - now live again - YIPPEE...!)

(1/3) > >>

Highlander:
Gutted...  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:

Rehearsing today and after a couple of numbers I changed instruments, just playing with sounds (ended up on the fretless RD for the remainder of the 5 hour session through a Peavey) and she just went quiet when I plugged the Peter Cook in; thought it was a dodgy lead at first as another minor fault on the PC had occurred (a screw has broken away on the body which holds one side of the XLR - part of the required bodywork repairs), but no, dead, not a sound, fuses ok, everything looking normal inside...  ???

Gotta gig this coming Saturday and have 2 emergency jobs - fix the Hiwatt and fix the Marshall (which has a howling feedback issue) ... as per usual, no spare cash at the mo...  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:

Just don't need this with everything else going on at present...  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:

Basvarken:
Ouch, that is bad.
Makes you loathe tube amps doesn't it?

Hope they get fixed in time.

Highlander:
Never had a tranny amp and this is the first failure since purchase; maybe I need something newer as a "third string"...

Just emailed Mark Huss (the expert on the range) and hoping that he has the schematic for mine (which is non standard)...

The Marshall "works" but is like trying to reign in an untrained team of horses, which is no fun...

Keeping them all crossed for the "right" reasons...

lowend1:
What model Hiwatt is it?

clankenstein:
when you get the schematic identify the power amp screen resistors-the 100 ohm(r) buggers(or if its a 50w they are 1k5 5 watt).replace them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version