Gear Discussion Forums > Bass Amps & Effects

4x12 cabs...

(1/3) > >>

gweimer:
In my neverending search for a really solid sound,  I've been thinking of putting a 4x12 cab onto my 1x15 Ashdown combo to supplement it.  My only problem is that I really don't know what's out there, and Ashdown doesn't market any 12" cabs.

So, what are my choices?

ramone57:
GK offers a neo 412 but I haven't used one so I can't comment on them, except to say I've been happy with other GK gear I've used.

http://www.gallien.com/products_neo_series.html

gweimer:
Thanks!  I was using a G&L rig back in 1978.  It had this weird cab - basically a folded horn, loaded with 4-10s, and then 2 front-mounted 12s in the space between the port openings.

MikeyB5:
I love my GK 4x12 Neo.I bet it would sound great with an Ashdown amp.I get nothing but compliments on my sound when I'm able to use it.Aguilar makes one that sounds good also.SWR used to make one but it was a beast weight wise

luve2fli:
I had a Sunn 4x12 cab back in the early 90's and - while it was a monster to move - sounded like thunder. I'd suggest if you can't find a 4x12 today, stack a couple of 2x12's - same difference, easier to transport and you can use one or both depending on the gig. Pretty sure a 4x12 is gonna come in at 4 ohms though so that begs the question ..... what amp are you using?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version