Author Topic: Whats your favourite B or C grade movie?  (Read 3968 times)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
Whats your favourite B or C grade movie?
« on: August 06, 2009, 12:13:08 AM »

My all time fav is John Landis Shlock

Digresion our specialty!

PhilT

• View Profile
Re: Whats your favourite B or C grade movie?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 01:41:50 AM »
Depends what you mean by B or C grade.

John Woo's Paycheck seems to get pretty poor reviews whenever it's on TV. I think it's a good representation of the book, just not what people expect of John Woo.

Then there's Plan 9 from Outer Space, which is so bad it's almost good.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 03:26:26 AM »
Whether John Carpenter ever created anything that was not a B movie is open to debate (or not), but I always loved "They live!" for its overt use of fifties angst sci-fi imagery:

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 04:03:45 AM »
Fido-

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 08:22:40 AM »
Microwave Massacre starring the late great Jackie Vernon. Boobies, cannibalism and a terrible script, what more could you want?

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 09:04:27 AM »
Microwave Massacre starring the late great Jackie Vernon. Boobies, cannibalism and a terrible script, what more could you want?

Dave makes a truly compelling argument!  But.....

B movie:  Probably Used Cars....so here's a different clip..the "empty the junkyard to make a mile of cars" scene...

C movie: I think I'd pick The Raven, a 1963 movie with Vincent Price and Peter Lorre, and a very young Jack Nicholson!  Amazon.com synopsis: A magician who has been turned into a raven turns to a former sorcerer for help in this film loosely based on the Edgar Allen Poe poem.  It's actually a Roger Corman-directed tongue-in-cheek take-off of the poem.

Although there's another old B movie I really liked - The Five Man Army, a 1969 western in which Peter Graves led a "Mission Impossible" -type force in Mexico.

Damn, I'm getting old.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 09:54:37 AM »
This is the best movie of the Universe, and its name is Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter!!!

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 11:11:38 AM »
"Plan 9 from Outer Space"  ;D  ;D  ;D

"He's dead, and someone is responsible" is one of those classic quotes, and Bela Lugosi dying halfway through production and being replaced by someone a foot taller and nothing like him...!!!
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 12:28:14 PM »
Zappa's 200 Motels

PhilT

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 03:12:08 PM »

C movie: I think I'd pick The Raven, a 1963 movie with Vincent Price and Peter Lorre, and a very young Jack Nicholson!  Amazon.com synopsis: A magician who has been turned into a raven turns to a former sorcerer for help in this film loosely based on the Edgar Allen Poe poem.  It's actually a Roger Corman-directed tongue-in-cheek take-off of the poem.

Oh, now you've done it. Along with The Raven, we also have Theatre of Blood, where Price serves Robert Morley's gourmet his own poodles to eat. Also features Diana Rigg, which helps. And, then, of course, there's Dr Phibes.

I have been known at gigs to stagger around holding a guitar lead to my neck, crying "Vict-aw-ree-ah, my sweet Vict-aw-ree-ah!", but no-one ever knows what I'm on about.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 04:09:47 PM »
Oh, now you've done it. Along with The Raven, we also have Theatre of Blood, where Price serves Robert Morley's gourmet his own poodles to eat. Also features Diana Rigg, which helps. And, then, of course, there's Dr Phibes.

I am freakin' AMAZED that anyone recognizes The Raven!!

But any movie with Diana Rigg has its appeal.  (Pun intended.)
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 05:25:49 PM »
Does Lust in the Dust count?

Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 08:52:08 PM »
I thought Lust In The Dust was hilarious but I don't think it's a B movie at all.

Any movie with a knock down drag out fight between Divine and Lainie Kazan is top shelf.  ;D 

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 10:45:59 PM »
Blacula! and the sequel  "scream,Blacula,scream" honorable mention to "Chopper Chicks in Zombie town"

'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 01:11:33 AM »
i just saw Pumkinhead III on tv.wow it was bad even for Lance Henrickson! :mrgreen: who's so bad he's awesome! Pumkinhead vs the Hatfields and the McCoys. 8)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 07:51:37 PM by SKATE RAT »
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES