Author Topic: US recreates experimental Nazi warplane  (Read 9878 times)

lowend1

• View Profile
Re: US recreates experimental Nazi warplane
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 04:36:30 AM »
What's the cogwheel doing there? Never seen that flag variation before.  ???

That's the rarely seen logo for Hitler's plan to dominate the music world with a master band for the master race,
Bachmann Turner Uberdrive.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 05:21:54 AM »
That's the rarely seen logo for Hitler's plan to dominate the music world with a master band for the master race,
Bachmann Turner Uberdrive.

Hahahahaha! Well done!

That's a cool plane in any case and I really like the color. A few years ago some filthy rich guy and 5 or 6 ME-262s built up. I think most if not all are complete with at least one of the flying. The Germans may have lost the war but they did have some cool stuff. A few years ago I got a ride in a Zundapp KS650 2wd Sidecar outfit a buddy owns. The thought of riding in that thing from Germany to Russia just to get your ass kicked is well, hard to imagine, but the motorcycle itself is freakin' terrific!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 05:28:21 AM »
Oh yes. I remember them. "Roll on down the Autobahn" was a big hit as were "Heil you!", "Taking care of busy SS" and "Brown Collar". And that Gestapo interrogation methods song: "You ain't felt nothing yet, ja?"

"A few years ago some filthy rich guy and 5 or 6 ME-262s built up. I think most if not all are complete with at least one of the flying."  

Two actually. White 1 (hopefully no Aryan connotation there!), a double seater, and Tango Tango, a single seater. Though unusual, I actually like the shilouette of White 1 better. You can still buy one of the other 3. 2 millions bucks sans the engines. Allegedly speed of sound capable, but the airframe shouldn't be tested above 600 mph. (Allegedly, one Luftwaffe pilot once broke the sound barrier with an Me 262 and lived to tell about it. Vorsprung durch Technik!)

http://www.stormbirds.com/project/index.html

Splendid pieces of work. Don't think there is much of a profit in the 2 million USD purchase price.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 05:56:14 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Denis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 05:36:29 AM »
"Brown Collar" - hahahaha! Ever hear, "Lucy in the Sky with Messerschmitts"? That's a good one. 
I always thought Mercedes Benz should make a supersport model called the "Himmler SS".  :)
Clocks.

Denis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 06:33:07 AM »
Two actually. White 1 (hopefully no Aryan connotation there!), a double seater, and Tango Tango, a single seater. Though unusual, I actually like the shilouette of White 1 better. You can still buy one of the other 3. 2 millions bucks sans the engines. Allegedly speed of sound capable, but the airframe shouldn't be tested above 600 mph. (Allegedly, one Luftwaffe pilot once broke the sound barrier with an Me 262 and lived to tell about it. Vorsprung durch Technik!)
http://www.stormbirds.com/project/index.html
Splendid pieces of work. Don't think there is much of a profit in the 2 million USD purchase price.

Oddly, the German company for which I work has that website blocked. Now why is that? Heh. I can't imagine breaking the sound barrier one of those planes. How long do you think it took that Luftwaffe pilot to pull the seat out of his ass once he landed?
Clocks.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 06:45:52 AM »
No swastikas on that website, they even explain in the FAQ link:

"None of the aircraft are presently anticipated to wear the tail Hakenkreuz (swastika). There are a number of reasons for this decision, with the most obvious being the extremely negative connotation associated with the use of this symbol by the Third Reich. In a purely historical sense, we feel that it is also worth noting that the swastika was essentially just a political symbol, and as such, of little direct relevance to the military men and machines which served in Germany's air forces."

It's nice that there are a few replica Me 262s flying around (one of them even flew at the Berlin airshow in 2006, it was shipped over).  And if they are without swastikas on their tailfins, so much the better.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 06:54:58 AM »
It's nice they also say that the swastika isn't a nazi symbol only. By coincidence I was reading about Kula Shaker again, a British band who got in lot's of trouble by saying the Swastika is a possitive symbol. And in fact it is. Isn't is something like a sun wheel, for celebrating life?

BTW: Uwe, that hangar looks exactly like your office only you have Gibson Fahne only.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 08:56:45 AM »
Yes, the swastika has its place in other cultures and should not be tainted by Nazism. But if as a westerner you flaunt that symbol, you are asking to be misunderstood.

leftybass

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 09:11:17 AM »
What's the cogwheel doing there? Never seen that flag variation before.  ???

Flag for a Model Factory / Musterbetriebsfahne
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2014 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2013 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2012 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2011 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2010 Austin Music Poll

Proud owner of Dee Murray's Steinberger.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 09:58:55 AM »
Ok, thanks, don't think this ever made it into German factories. (Bit Fritz Lang/Metropolis, Nazis were not shy to use that imagery.) The promised 1.000 year rule of the Third Reich was cut short rather abruptly (and thankfully!).

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 11:10:32 AM »
There were several grades of these factory flags. The gold trim was for kick-ass production.  They were flown outside the factory, and banner versions were inside the factory, kind of like the two hanging behind the flying wing.  A friend of the family had snagged one, and the gold flagpole gear along with it while hearding SS units toward the warm embrace of the Soviet army (they were ordered to disarm and refuse surrender, something the SS guys figured out real quick) and for a couple of years my dad had a Flagge für Einheiten von vorbildlichen Fabriken.  He auctioned it off about 20 years ago.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

Denis

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2009, 11:41:59 AM »
Yes, the swastika has its place in other cultures and should not be tainted by Nazism. But if as a westerner you flaunt that symbol, you are asking to be misunderstood.

The swastika is an odd symbol. It was used in Tibet and Indian several thousand years ago and was even seen on Native American pottery and scratched in ruins which are known to be many hundreds of years old. It appeared both left-handed and right-handed and was often used as a symbol for friendship. The silly little German corporal ruined it for all. Hoser.
Clocks.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2009, 02:03:29 PM »
Oh yes. I remember them. "Roll on down the Autobahn" was a big hit as were "Heil you!", "Taking care of busy SS" and "Brown Collar". And that Gestapo interrogation methods song: "You ain't felt nothing yet, ja?"

In my best Col. Klink voice   ;)

"Uwe!"
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2009, 02:12:56 PM »
Hochstetter:

Who iz ziss man?!!!!!
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2009, 02:18:34 PM »

Again.............

"Let me assure you..........."

;)

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...