Author Topic: "Pinky" NR 8 String Back Up For Sale  (Read 9189 times)

leftybass

• View Profile
Re: "Pinky" NR 8 String Back Up For Sale
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2013, 07:45:05 AM »
Just received a live recording of an old band of mine from 1982. I was playing my first 8-string, a Hondo, sounds good. I remember that bass receiving quite a lot of attention back then.
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2014 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2013 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2012 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2011 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2010 Austin Music Poll

Proud owner of Dee Murray's Steinberger.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2013, 12:08:19 PM »
Let me know if Jeff Gives you any Feedback or recording or pics!

saltymonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »
Let me know if Jeff Gives you any Feedback or recording or pics!

I will Baz. He sent me a note saying he was looking forward to playing it and hope it sounded as good as it looks. I haven't heard from him since it arrived but they are touring so he may not have seen it yet.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2013, 08:40:11 PM »
Thanks!!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2013, 02:34:51 PM »
Baz playing in the big leagues...................again! Your work is amazing bro keep at it.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2013, 03:11:13 PM »

Had a look around Google didn't see any of Jeff with the Pinky yet......

But, I did get to see this one (of MANY) at the shop not too long ago at Mike's shop.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2013, 04:40:27 PM »
Thanks guys...Haven't had any work lately which means NO Money...but...One of these days...I'm going to Git back to building...I have to...I have that 200 watt Hiwatt Monster rig!!!

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2013, 07:00:17 PM »
Baz does GREAT work.....I've had SIX of his builds!!!!

And Jeff has, three Hamer 12vers, I believe. A one-off DuoTone Bass version. That's the Hamer guitar model with a piezo bridge and a hum buckler, so you can switch between electic/acoustic or combine them. Jeff had a bass version made but I heard it was with mixed results.

He also had his B12A "Jeff Ament" model. Plus I sold him another one that I had that had a pao ferro fingerboard.

He also had a Hamer 8-string B8A that he did his own custom graphic on and then, I believe Hamer clear coated.

Plus he has that oversized TBird body that Mile Lull made, with a bolt-on Hamer 12ver neck.

When he had that one made, he told me that he still had his Hamers.

Hamer really DOES make the best 12ver necks hands down!!!! Stable dual-truss necks with decent neck profiles. It's a shame Hamer wouldn't make those necks separately and we have to keep destroying complete Hamer 8- and 12vers to steal the necks and hardware....but I've never liked their Chaparral,body shape, so sticking them onto exact copies of Hamer TBird bodies is a definite improvement IMO. Hamer "improved" on the TBird design by moving the neck joint out a couple of frets and then thickening up the body for a little more weight, for better balance. I think the cutaway is slightly larger for easier access as well. They had a prior relationship with Gibson, so they didn't get sued back when they were making them, like so many other companies did who made Gibson-ish designs.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 08:25:00 PM by mc2NY »

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2013, 11:09:54 PM »
Thank you, Jon!! I appreciate your compliments as well as your, Scott!! I know Shark Loved my basses, as did Mark and then Tom P. I can only hope that I can acquire money and inspiration to build more!

Shark

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2014, 10:27:14 AM »
Thank you, Jon!! I appreciate your compliments as well as your, Scott!! I know Shark Loved my basses, as did Mark and then Tom P. I can only hope that I can acquire money and inspiration to build more!

Sorry for hi-jacking this older thread but Shark still loves your basses ...  ;D

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2014, 06:01:38 PM »
WHOA!!! I've seen the one on the left and the one in the middle but where the heck did that white one come from??
I thought I was the only guy to have a HAMER factory original Hamer T bird 8???
And also today I found this???
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:31:17 PM by Baz Cooper »

Shark

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2014, 01:16:50 AM »
WHOA!!! I've seen the one on the left and the one in the middle but where the heck did that white one come from??
I thought I was the only guy to have a HAMER factory original Hamer T bird 8???
And also today I found this???

White FB is one of last custom orders from the HAMER factory. That CAR FB was born
a couple of month later ... very cool tumbling boomers ...

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2014, 05:22:31 AM »
I thought Hamer was shut down...finished...only making Guild Guitars????? Man..YEARS ago...i tried to get them to build me another Thunderbird 8 string...they flat out refused.....even though I had a record deal at the time!!!!

Shark

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2014, 05:40:47 AM »
I thought Hamer was shut down...finished...only making Guild Guitars????? Man..YEARS ago...i tried to get them to build me another Thunderbird 8 string...they flat out refused.....even though I had a record deal at the time!!!!

The White Bird was completed end November 2012. Waited nearly TWO years for it.
The CAR Bird came up on the HFC a couple of month later. Seems like someone else had a Thunderbird 8 String vision either ....

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2014, 10:46:17 AM »
Time to move this thread since it stopped being a For Sale post a few months ago.

AFAIK Hamer production is still suspended.