Author Topic: Martin Turner with a Badbird!  (Read 936 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Martin Turner with a Badbird!
« on: April 01, 2015, 03:26:13 PM »
    Martin's guitar tech (Darren Wisdom) contacted me about a month ago and inquired about the Badbird Bridge. As we know Martin has had a Badass on his  bird for years (I did the same thing!) and understandably is hesitant to make a change. He may have it installed on a Orville back up or as I suggested if he really can't use it pass it on to a Thunderbird player who could or just keep it in his parts box "just in case". If he uses it or not I'm just pleased he has it....................Darren says he was pretty pleased someone would just send him something so nice. Nothing more than a thank you really for all the wonderful music.......and playing a Thunderbird!
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Martin Turner with a Badbird!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 04:11:09 PM »
V 8) ... and you should be rightfully proud to have resolved something like this with your ingenuity...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 07:45:45 PM »
 Bravo! Nicely played.

Couldn't have gone to a more deserving TBIrd player (unless you revived the Ox ;)

Martin is a gracious guy. I'd contacted him several years back trying to buy his Hamer Bass. He took the time to email me back to say the neck had gone bad and he finally got rid of it not long before I contacted him. Unfortunately, I would have likely got him before he sold it had I not made the error of trying to reach him in person.....and going to see the wrong Wishbone Ash. DUH!!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 05:50:54 AM »
The Ox has left the building...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 11:44:24 AM »
Next time I see him, I will tell him to make the change from Badass to Badbird, promise, Scott!

Martin has really perfected that old English grandmum look.  :mrgreen:

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...