Author Topic: The ultimate Jeremy Clarkson parody...  (Read 3286 times)

Blazer

The ultimate Jeremy Clarkson parody...
« on: January 01, 2009, 08:31:28 PM »

Well what can I say about Jeremy Clarkson?

Most American people might only know him as that rude English guy who badmouths the USA and US made cars in partullar, all of the time in that "Top Gear" programme of his. (Not to mention that the American people who say things like that, don't get the tongue-in-cheek humour with which Clarkson does so.) But in truth Clarkson does much more than that, he's a columnist, a writer, did several very good documentaries forgotten battles of World war two or towns that time have forgotten but which never the less played a BIG role in life as we know it today and basically is a fixture on the BBC.

Clarkson of course is also known for his way of talking, having a peculiar way of phrasing in his dialogue and a way of throwing his arms around and pacing when doing his narration. As such there are enough ways of making fun of him.

And that's exactly what the Brittish Humour show "Harry and Paul" did when they did a parody on Jeremy Clarkson and everything he stands for, from his way of talking, to his way of interviewing people, to his documentaries, they didn't leave a single stone unturned.

Blimey!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: The ultimate Jeremy Clarkson parody...
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 10:03:32 PM »
Never heard of him.  Evidently I haven't missed anything.   :mrgreen:
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 03:06:29 AM »
The guys from the Fast Show:)

Jeremy Clarkson is always full of shit and indeed he hates everything American. Well, even everything non-British, but of course it's just humour.

A Bit Of Fry And Laurie did something about Topgear once. I'll try to find that.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 03:11:46 AM »

Blazer

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 04:31:28 AM »
Never heard of him.  Evidently I haven't missed anything.   :mrgreen:

Here's the real deal...

nofi

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 07:01:30 AM »
i used to watch the show until this guy finally chased me away. we have enough homegrown gas bags of our own without this cheap import. 

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 10:43:35 AM »
Funny stuff, especially the Whicker Island angle. Clarkson is probably flattered.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 01:49:48 PM »
Here's the real deal...

Gee, a wonderful comparison.  He takes one vehicle that does reasonably compare to his Range Rover (Hummer), and another which has no business on a mountain like that (Escalade) and heads for the mountain.  Then he tells us practically nothing about the other two vehicles while singing the praises of his very expensive, and extremely costly to repair British ride. 

It would sure have been helpful if he had actually shared info about why the Hummer stalled.  It should have been side by side with him, and note that it climbed the hill BEFORE he did...and then he said it succumbed to "altitude sickness"...which means nothing in automotive terms.

And WHY was the Excalade driver such a moron as to attempt turning off-road in a spot where it clearly was not possible?  Looked to me like it was a planned event.

If all his tests are like that, then I am reassured that I haven't missed anything.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 01:55:46 PM »
I guess they were afraid to use a Jeep in that test?

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 05:34:34 PM »
Guys, it's not supposed to be serious.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 04:17:03 AM »
This year they made a V8 driven smoothy blender. They are never serious. If they test like a Corvette and a British Aston Martin and the Corvette is better and faster, still the AM wins because the Corvette has the wrong shade of red or they don't like the fuel cap or something. Just don't take them serious!!!

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 04:56:47 PM »
Hilarious. He does have that pause in the middle of each sentence... but he's brilliant.

By the way, Clarkson doesn't mock all US made cars, I remember him admiring the Dodge Viper.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 03:32:25 AM »
He loves the last Corvette, he owns this reissue GT40 by Ford, et cetera.