Author Topic: Merry HO-HO!  (Read 2950 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Merry HO-HO!
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 01:09:19 AM »

My older brother whipped me good with that track................we scratched the nice furniture with the cars flying  :sad:  My mother chased us around with a wooden spoon and raised voice (lots of German cursing)............Ahhh, the memories. 
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 04:52:17 AM »
I remember we used to set hotwheel track on fire and it would make this cool noise as it melted & dripped.

My son said he knew he was a adult now because we had to wake him Christmas morning.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 12:29:50 PM »
Merry Xmas everyone ! Would you believe i still have my first hotwheels car ? it's a root beer brown '38 ford coupe that came out in'68 the first batch of cars i think. I'll get a picture of it.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 09:34:08 AM »
Here it is told ya I still had it !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 10:19:56 AM »
Hope everyone had a schöne Weihnachten - I certainly did though it meant being at three different celebarations on Christmas Eve (where the brun of German celebrations takes place) consecutively!

Hotwheels! Ah, I mostly had the competitor products from Matchbox (yellow tracks) and Faller (mulitcolor tracks) but with a little force you could mix components of the three. I fondly remember a "garage" from Hotwheels for Christmas in the early seventies that basically consisted of two rotating rubber wheels powered by batteries that "grabbed" the toy cars at the side and accelerated them to incredible speeds - three loopings in a row!!!

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 10:21:55 AM »
My older brother whipped me good with that track ...

Deviant adult behavior often has childhood roots. I'm glad you didn't do something silly like grow out of it!  ;D :mrgreen: ;D
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...