Author Topic: Merry HO-HO!  (Read 2948 times)

luve2fli

• View Profile
Merry HO-HO!
« on: December 25, 2008, 02:11:29 PM »
Woke up to my 6-year-old daughter running down the hall with a crazed look in her eye screaming ".... SANTA CAME!!! SANTA CAME!!!"  :mrgreen: Hope you all have as good a Christmas as mine has been so far .... all the best!

Sean

"I think it's only proper that I play until the last note of a set, then fall over and die. The band won't have to play an encore and they'll still get paid for the gig" (Dr. John)

EvilLordJuju

• Mud is its own reward
    • View Profile
    • Fly Guitars
Re: Merry HO-HO!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 02:17:50 PM »
My 3 year old daughter said the same (luckily at 7.45)

So who got a good CD for Christmas? what was it?

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 02:32:50 PM »
My kids came home for Christmas from St. Louis and South Carolina.  That's the best!  Best wishes to all.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 04:40:23 PM by drbassman »
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 02:58:11 PM »
My 3 year old daughter said the same (luckily at 7.45)

So who got a good CD for Christmas? what was it?

My boys were up bright and early and have had a great day. My three year old's favorite of many gifts is an 88 cent whoopi cushion. He keeps asking his mother and I to sit up so he can slip it under us as we sit down. I wasted a lot of money this Christmas!

Best Buy had Chinese Democracy for 9.99 yesterday so I broke down and bought it. Does that count?  :) I downloaded the bootleg mixes some time ago so I knew what half the album sounded like but I wanted to hear the final version. Axl listened to the same bands I did as a kid, so it's interesting to hear his take on Wings and Elton John.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, everybody. Here's to a great New Year!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 06:16:34 PM »
I'm just waking up from my turkey-induced semi-consciousness.

Hope you all had a great Christmas.

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 07:00:09 PM »
Woke up to my 6-year-old daughter running down the hall with a crazed look in her eye screaming ".... SANTA CAME!!! SANTA CAME!!!"  :mrgreen: Hope you all have as good a Christmas as mine has been so far .... all the best!

Sean

The best Christmases I ever had were when my daughter was at the Santa age - wouldn't trade those Christmases for anything in the world. 

After those the single best Christmas was when Santa brought me a BB gun and a Hotwheels set - I believe that would have been second grade....

Merry Christmas everyone! ;D

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 09:42:18 PM »
Had a GREAT day (other than a major cold) today. My daughter is a little past the Santa age (she'll be 18 in 17 days) but she still gets up bright & early on Christmas! My mother-in-law bought me a Sony Bravia tv so I must have done something right this year!!

Hope you & yours had a great day as well!!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 01:10:32 AM »
My days of getting up early on Christmas are long gone as I am now going on 20.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 06:24:48 AM »
Ditto on the bad cold. I feel like crap on and off, but it's so good to have our kids around.  Been doing lots of fun things with them.  Going to the Bills game with them on Sunday and hope they kick some Patriot ass!!!  Ah, football in Buffalo in December.........are you ready?   :thumbsup:
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Muzikman7

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 12:52:42 PM »
I had a crappy christmas really, but I'm glad you guys had a good time of it especially for the childern.
Tony

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 05:47:22 PM »
It got up to 79 today, it's now all the way down to 74. It'll be a little cooler and drier by Sunday, but I do miss cold, snowy winters.

Keith (my older son) drove down from Dallas. I finally broke down and told him there's no Santa Claus. He's only 37. Maybe I should have waited a few more years.  ;)  He brought a couple of basses with him, including a Modulus 6 stringer he has on loan and is thinking of trading for. Sounded great but too big for my hands.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 05:51:21 PM »
This was the first year that my wife and I got up before our daughters - they're 20 and 21.

But it is wonderful to have them here - every year the number of times we can get all four of us together diminishes.  That's hard on ol' Dad.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 05:54:46 PM »
I hear you.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 06:16:50 PM »

"After those the single best Christmas was when Santa brought me a BB gun and a Hotwheels set - I believe that would have been second grade...."

My parents really regretted giving my brother and I a Hot Wheels set................. ;D

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 06:59:25 PM »
"After those the single best Christmas was when Santa brought me a BB gun and a Hotwheels set - I believe that would have been second grade...."

My parents really regretted giving my brother and I a Hot Wheels set................. ;D

Was that because the single piece of straight track madea perfect whip?  I do recall that me and my friends had some massive fights with those track sections.

Or was it because yoiu "almost" "repeatedly" broke the glass in your mom's china cabinet with flying hotwheels? ;D