Author Topic: Guitar thieves captured red-handed, by a TV crew...  (Read 3715 times)

Blazer

Guitar thieves captured red-handed, by a TV crew...
« on: October 08, 2008, 01:20:26 PM »
Okay, here's the situation, a couple has been robbing guitarstores in the nothern provinces of the Netherlands using a very *ahem* unique manner.

While the man talks to the people behind the counter or distracting salespersons, the woman, wearing a large dress does THIS...

...And hangs up a similar guitar, but of a cheaper make back into the vacant spot. So far the couple has succesfully robbed a lot of stores of expensive Custom Shop Gibsons, Fenders and the like.

But just a few days ago they were caught. Because one of the shop owners who recently was robbed decided in addition to calling the cops to also call in the media, resulting in the local TV station to visit his store and him doing his (Angry) story. But just as shooting was underway, guess who walked in...

http://www.at5.nl/media/at5nieuws_item.asp?newsid=38146
I don't need to translate all what is being said but you can clearly see how livid the shopkeeper is. I know the guy personally and I know him as a fun easy going person, I can only imagine how royally pissed he must have been.

As for the thieves, they walked with the wrong intentions into the wrong store at the wrong time.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Guitar thieves captured red-handed, by a TV crew...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 03:59:21 PM »
Now that is brazen. I've heard of women shoplifters sticking smaller items in loose dresses, but not anything as big as a guitar.

No doubt the shop owner was upset but he seemed calm after they were caught.

As for the thieves, they walked with the wrong intentions into the wrong store at the wrong time.

They sure did. Even if the TV station hadn't been there, it wasn't the brightest move to go back into the store. They must not have noticed the security camera the first time.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 11:49:51 PM »
I know Barry Witte very well too and he's shocked indeed. A nice guy BTW.

Unbelievable! How can someone walk with a heavy Les Paul in a dress!?!?!  I'm glad they got caught. Selling instruments isn't easy nowadays, so we can't use those people.

To end with a joke: It is a new idea to get new basses into my appartment, without my girlfriend noticing it;)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 06:10:35 AM »
"To end with a joke: It is a new idea to get new basses into my appartment, without my girlfriend noticing it."

No, that is not funny at all, Chris, it is highly disturbing. You mean you could walk into your apartment wearing a large dress and your girlfriend would neither notice nor mind?  :o The mind boggles. Look no further as to how low the already low Netherlands have sunk ...  :mrgreen:

Or is this dress wearing thing something you picked up from your jilted fiancee Mark?

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 08:13:04 AM »
Loes knows everything about me and Mark and she's really understanding and encouraging. But I think you're right. Walking in with a bass will surprise Loes less than walking in in a dress. :mrgreen:

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 08:18:19 AM »
It is a new idea to get new basses into my appartment, without my girlfriend noticing it;)

Try THAT with spandex pants and assless chaps!   ;D

Bert

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 09:41:20 PM »
Look no further as to how low the already low Netherlands have sunk ...  :mrgreen:

You should not base your views on the Netherlands just by Chrisp's writings. He's differerent you know. Must have German blood in his veins somewhere I guess.
'68 4001|'73 4001 MG|'73 4001 AZG (PW refin)|'75 4000 MG|'79 4001 JG FL|'81 4001S AZG|'86 4003 MID/BT|'86 4003 Shadow|'86 4003S JG|'88 4003s Blackstar|'89 4003 Grey/BT FL|'96 4003S/8 FG|'98 4003S/5 JG| 05 650D|06 4004 CII BBR||B-115|RB 30||?

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 12:00:12 AM »
Hey! I'm a real 100% Dutch guy with real Dutch farmers as grand parents!

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 02:44:06 AM »
Try THAT with spandex pants and assless chaps!   ;D

Chris enters the room
Loes: is that a bass in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 02:54:08 AM »
To which he responds: "Unfortunately headless, honey."
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 03:04:13 AM »
Please moderators, can we close this topic?

;)

rockinrayduke

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 07:46:02 PM »
Good ol' security cameras!  :mrgreen:

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 05:40:43 AM »
In my brain I was wondering how Chris was going to get another woman (with a bass down her dress) through the door past his missus.  ;D
Digresion our specialty!

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 07:00:59 AM »
In my brain I was wondering how Chris was going to get another woman (with a bass down her dress) through the door past his missus.  ;D

My girlfriend has minus seven in both eyes so I can do a lot she doesn't see. Like checking out women if we're walking down the street;)

Now you guys think I'm a heartless bastard, and yes I am!!!! :mrgreen:

But seriously: I really offered to sell my Ricky 4005 for payment for lasering her eyes, but she doesn't want me to sell it. She wants to get lasered though...

Nice story: A couple of years ago Boilersuit.nl had suddenly like 1,000 hits per month extra. I was curious why, so I checked the statistics. All 1,000 hits came from one website. It was like a BassOutpost for men liking girls with glasses!! All kinds of discussions about 'GWG'. There was a topic for sporters, for musicians, for actresses, et cetera. A whole new world for me. Topics like:

'I just posted a new rare pic of Britney Spears with glasses. If I'm correct she has a frame of D&G of the 2006 autumn collection, minus one and a little cylinder. What do you think guys? Isn't she hot with those glasses?'

I discovered someone posted a lot of pics of my girlfriend/singer/guitar player:)

:)

Sometimes I take advantage of it. If we need more hits at like YouTube, I just post a link at that site under a false name with: 'Look, Loes has new glasses' and we have 700 hits in a day!!

Loes knows and she can laugh about it.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 07:03:55 AM »
And on topic:

I was at the Dirk Witte guitar store in Amsterdam this weekend. I know Barry very well. He told me they miss guitars for like 9,000 euros. Because they're stolen during opening hours they can't claim it at the insurance. They not only miss 9,000 euros, but they're also paying for a new alarm system and even own personell is checked regularly:(
Barry didn't sleep for nights after the events, especially cos the police thought he bought them back himself! And because it's 'only shoplifting' the police didn't want to show the CCTV frames to other police corpses,