Author Topic: Which EB for me?  (Read 20632 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Which EB for me?
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2008, 11:33:32 AM »
I have this corn (is that a good word?) on my hand at the place where the '76er rests on my hand:) And I always push the body toward my body with my right hand if I want to play something fast, But I like that! it's nice to work a bit while playing bass.

I hate those suede straps, cos they pull at your shirt. I use a cheap one, which slides over my shoulder. Much better if you want to throw some R'nR shapes:)

He says the cutest things!........... :D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2008, 11:46:18 AM »
Ow, you are in love, aren't you? ;D

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2008, 01:13:36 PM »

Me?.............. I'm just being coy with you  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2008, 09:30:15 PM »
We posted at the same time:) We're made for eachother.

yeah, come on with those pics!

Here is one for you, I know you like black boots....... ;)     And in a small effort to pester Uwe, my '89 with all the offensive black hardware removed and replaced with chromey goodness

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2008, 01:14:56 AM »
we have an official bank holiday in Holland, because of the Queens birthday. One big party throughout the country. it's called Queensday. Your picture makes my 2008 Queensday even better:)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2008, 02:16:16 AM »
Here is one for you, I know you like black boots....... ;)     And in a small effort to pester Uwe, my '89 with all the offensive black hardware removed and replaced with chromey goodness

Avoid that sun, please, Mark, I implore you. You live in Seattle where it doesn't shine and you're still starting to look a bit Native Americanish on that pic!!! All you now need it a fringed suede dress und you'll be the little Navaho Maiden going by the name of "Guilty Swallow" worshipping the mighty Thunderbird!

Uwe
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 04:39:20 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2008, 05:08:27 AM »
Mark I hate to say this to you but long hair on older women just aint right!

You need to go shorter to age a bit more gracefully!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2008, 05:10:49 AM »
 "Guilty Swallow" LMFAO
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2008, 05:58:44 AM »

A couple of my old band mates were previously in the remains of The Flock, whom Kansas idolized.  These guys got to go backstage, and Kansas treated them like royalty.

Forgive me for coming to this thread late, and staying off topic, but is this The Flock that had the hit "Can't You See"?  If it is, their bassist was awesome. He was the first guy I'd seen using all eight fingers, and on a Fireglo 4001, IIRC.

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2008, 06:03:18 AM »
And from reading what Uwe has to say, I'm pretty sure the SG-Z is the EB for me.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2008, 06:06:15 AM »
These guys here?

http://flockrock.com/

Sure look and sound like a band old Kansas would feel inspired by.  ;D

Never consciously heard them though "horn rock" appeals to me, I'm a Blood, Sweat & Tears diehard.

Uwe

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2008, 06:06:46 AM »

I hate those suede straps, cos they pull at your shirt. I use a cheap one, which slides over my shoulder. Much better if you want to throw some R'nR shapes:)
i agree with you 100000000% suede straps are the worst.a cheap nylon is the way to go.i'm always moving my bass up and down.if i let go of my SB450 it does dive,but i tend to play with two hands.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2008, 06:12:56 AM »
And from reading what Uwe has to say, I'm pretty sure the SG-Z is the EB for me.

SG-RI you mean, right? Wouldn't wanna be caught here recommending the SG-Z  :D which is a nice instrument except for one - however crucial - failing: skimpy bass output!!! Only by playing the "neck" (= actually more a secondary bridge pup, it's so far back!) pup in solo mode and blowing up your bass frequencies beyond belief over a large rig do you get anything approaching a full bass sound. Noteworthy only for being the one Gibson bass with a pau ferro fretboard (announcements said wenge initially, but they settled for the lighter hued stuff).

Uwe
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 06:19:48 AM by uwe »

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2008, 06:36:34 AM »
i agree with you 100000000% suede straps are the worst.a cheap nylon is the way to go.i'm always moving my bass up and down.if i let go of my SB450 it does dive,but i tend to play with two hands.

I like to wear my basses low and so does my former guitar player. The only straps which are long enough for my 6ft length (1.90m) are some F****r straps, some Get'm Get'm straps and especially those cheap nylon ones! I use one for both my SG-RI and T-bird.

My former guitar player needed a new one for his ES335. He went to a local shop and the only long enough strap was a black nylon one. He tried it out in the shop with a Heritage 335 model and the shopkeeper asked him which kind of semisolid he had: 'Epiphone? Ibanez?' My friend answered he had a real Gibson 335 and the shopkeeper almost wouldn't sell him this cheap strap;)

BTW: is this a topic about straps, indian woman, old women's hairdos, EB's, Buzzards, cross dressing or Kansas inspired bands? I dunno anymore;)

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2008, 06:41:17 AM »
also a low player myself,on my Sb450 i had to cut the adjuster and re-sew the strap to make it a little longer.so strap on a cross dressing buzzard from kansas.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES