Author Topic: Does anyone here do facebook?  (Read 3386 times)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone here do facebook?
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2010, 09:24:51 PM »
My original music band has been using it as a personal central communication point with good results. It keeps everyone up to date with where we are up to in developing our songs. This includes making a single post to let members who didnt participate in a session know that recordings of that session are up on our ftp server, practice times, recording times, who is required and when, if ppl cant attend. Even to let ppl know that a musical idea is there for ppl to listen to and give feedback.
We have found it has saved us a lot of time. Obviously there are many ways of doing the same thing but this has evolved naturally and is working well.

We needed a guitard solo from our old guit4rist who now lives in Atlanta so that we could finish off a song (spontaneous sound check jam if the truth be told)  that we had recorded with him. We used FB for all the communication and the ftp server to exchange files. Everyone was kept in the loop and we knew when we could skype him or chat with him because we could see when he was online.
Worked realy well. It also alows us to keep in much closer contact with him than would otherwise be the case generally even after the fact.

Two of the guys in this band had similar attitudes towards FB as the more negative comments in this thread but now dont even think about it in terms of school kids flaming each other and posting that the sandwich they are eating has pickle or not.

Things are what you make them I guess.

Digresion our specialty!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2010, 08:59:03 AM »

Things are what you make them I guess.

Exactly. You're in control of how you use it and how others can interact with you.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2010, 11:06:40 AM »
Ha ha! That's what adultfriendfinder is for. LOL!

I use facebook MOSTLY for shameless self promotion. And it works. It keeps you visible, even at times like this when I'm between bands/building a new project. I have around 570 "friends", and I've actually met most of them!  ;D I also use it to connect with real friends from the past, and family.

Yeah, I've made friends with a few FB whores, like myself, who do band promotion a lot.  You know who you are...

The rest of my friends are split between Mafia Wars help and old musician friends.  I've found a few of my old high school friends, which has been really good, but I have to be careful.  There are some old memories coming out of some of this.  Some very good memories.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty