Author Topic: That kidnapped girl  (Read 1752 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
That kidnapped girl
« on: August 16, 2013, 11:16:59 AM »
I'm talking about Hannah Anderson. Is it just me, or does anyone else wonder if she might have been complicit? Apparently her alleged abductor was open about having a crush on her. He had apparently taken her alone on multi-day trips before. It's beyond me how her mother could have allowed this, but that's another matter.

Sure, it might have happened just like she says and she could have been too scared to speak up. You hate to question the story of a girl who might have suffered a huge trauma. But I'm not sure it all adds up. Especially since she went on social media with a smiling pic of herself and her newly painted fingernails, and now she's showed up at a public fundraiser instead of recovering in private.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: That kidnapped girl
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 12:15:27 PM »
I'd give odds of about 3 to 1 that she was involved in the "abduction" but it got a lot nastier than she ever imagined.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 03:52:44 PM »
I thought some of her actions afterward questionable as well. I don't think any of us know how we would react in this type of situation, but I don't think many people would be on social media discussing it.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 06:22:55 PM »
I'd give odds of about 3 to 1 that she was involved in the "abduction" but it got a lot nastier than she ever imagined.

I'll go one better; it went EXACTLY the way she planned: she's famous, no family to keep her in check and lots of cash rolling in. All it took was a crazed middle-aged guy who was too stupid to stay away from a 16 year old girl.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 08:56:36 PM »
The San Diego sheriff's office is insisting they still consider her a victim but there are a bunch of letters from her to DiMaggio that were found when they searched his property, and there were 13 phone calls between them before the alleged abduction. We'll see how long that story holds up.

Glad I'm not the only person who smells something rotten. Anyone taking odds on how long before she's led away in handcuffs?

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 02:55:02 AM »
Possible. Or she could be repressing and in denial of her feelings. I would expect a grown-up to recover in private, but she's a 16 year old girl. Social media is where they go to.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 04:28:30 AM »
Wow, I must be living under a rock. I've not heard any of this stuff! Certainly sounds like something's amiss.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 05:34:32 AM »
Haven't really followed this, but here's the bottom line for me:

A 16 year old is legally a child and cannot be held liable in a statutory rape case or similar.  Perhaps the age of consent should be lowered to age 13 or so.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 08:18:47 AM »
Haven't really followed this, but here's the bottom line for me:

A 16 year old is legally a child and cannot be held liable in a statutory rape case or similar.  Perhaps the age of consent should be lowered to age 13 or so.

Actually 16 is the age of consent in something like 30 states, according to a news story, although it may be 18 in California.

Regardless of that, and whether or not she was raped, the bottom line for me is that I suspect she was involved, even if she was bamboozled by this guy. If she had anything to do with planning or carrying out the murders, she'll be charged, and not just as a juvenile.

Denis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 09:01:24 AM »
Just read this article. Apparently, DiMaggio served as the best man in the girl's parents' wedding.

http://news.yahoo.com/warrants-show-contact-between-california-abductor-girl-211637701.html
Clocks.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 09:30:53 AM »
Thanks, Denis.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 05:49:20 PM »
Just read this article. Apparently, DiMaggio served as the best man in the girl's parents' wedding.

That brings up another point. The girl says she was creeped out by DiMaggio but didn't want to say anything because he was her dad's best friend. That doesn't make sense because the parents were separated -- the father lives in Tennessee. He couldn't have been that close to DiMaggio even if he was at one time. And the girl had been on multi-night trips with DiMaggio. Maybe she went in defiance of her mother, maybe her mother okayed it; either way, hard to believe her father 2000 miles away in Tennessee would have had anything to do with allowing or encouraging that, or would have been the reason she said nothing.

Denis

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 04:38:26 AM »
Clocks.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 08:43:41 AM »
If "better"  = stranger and stranger, then I agree.

There's DEFINITELY some weird s**t going on there.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 11:17:08 AM »
The more that's revealed, the more I think she was involved from the beginning, even if she didn't know it would involve murder.

This situation reminded me of a famous but now forgotten case in Houston when I was in junior high. A police lieutenant, the husband of a prominent school board member, was rushed to the hospital in a coma after he accidentally shot himself while cleaning his shotgun at home. Everyone had pity and admiration for his wife who kept a lonely vigil by his side day after day. After nine or ten days, a nurse came in after the wife had briefly left the room. The guy quickly opens his eyes and says "she shot me!" He had been out of the coma a couple of days, waiting for his chance. And suddenly the woman everyone had admired was led away in handcuffs.

Different kind of case, I know, but just goes to show that the "victim" may not be a victim.