Author Topic: I'm back!!!!!!!!  (Read 4293 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Re: I'm back!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 08:50:46 AM »
I went there as a kid and the Grand Teton (french for Breasts) mountains. The guy I work with went there and he took pictures of them. There was hardly any snow on them anymore.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 12:27:35 PM »
I've driven the area around Jackson (fun town - get your old west portrait taken on the square), the Tetons and Yellowstone a number of times. The thing that tends to surprise easterners is distances out here.  Yellowstone and its nearby attractions aren't near ANYthing.  In the west, we measure travel by miles, not hours...because miles roughly equal hours.  The issue isn't traffic, it's distance.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 01:07:08 PM »
Yeah, drive ins are a hoot.  We'll have to go again.  We kinda stopped when the kids went off to college. 

As for nature, that's just what we'll have to do.  Wait her out and in her time, things have a way of healing.

Hey, Ft. Collins, I'd love to live in that area.  Maybe I can find a job out that way, I've been looking, but I think I'm getting a little too old for most universities to take me seriously!  The wife's brother lives in Boulder.  We'd love to move out to CO.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 03:26:32 PM »
The door's open and the coffee will be on if you visit.  Boulder is just 40 miles away, so you might even have an excuse to stop by!

I like this area, too. Ft. Collins is a VERY cool town of around 130,000 and it's a very happening place.  The only places in the US I'd move from here are north and west...since I came from Washington state, and it's hard to beat the Pacific NW.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 10:37:35 AM »
I've actually applied for a few positions, I've got the credentials but being 58 is a liability when you're looking at jobs out there!  I always figure what's meant to be is meant to be!

If I'm ever in Ft. Collins, I will look you up!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 01:13:34 PM »
I knew you were a Fine Fellow, etc., etc.

Why?

I turned 58 on June 11th.   ;D

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 07:09:28 AM »
Yeah, I'm 58 and I've had several offers in Ohio (where I have a lot of connections), my 3rd. choice and my wife's not a fan of the close midwest.  First choice is CO or the surrounding states, but everyone is looking out there!  So, what's meant to be will come to pass.....or not!