Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

2003 TB, lotsa chrome!!!

<< < (2/4) > >>

drbassman:

--- Quote from: rockinrayduke on September 29, 2008, 07:40:12 PM ---As soon as these Elixirs start to fade on the ObG I'm going to try the Jazz Rounds on it, based on your recommendation! Hopefully Wymore Guitars will have a chrome Supertone for me this weekend.

What is the toggle for?

--- End quote ---

yep, I'm a TI guy. I use their flats too on my other basses.

I skipped the usual tone control (I never use one anyway)  and just went with a 3- way to allow me to select one pup or both. Works great!

drbassman:

--- Quote from: Rikkimax on September 29, 2008, 08:05:25 PM ---VERY NICE!!!  I assume you had to route the body to get those pickups to fit.  Correct?

--- End quote ---

Nope, no routing required. the 60's covers dropped right in! Very easy really.

TBird1958:
 It looks like the Hipshot tuners were a tight fit on yours too, at first I didn't think they'd work. It sure turned out Sweet, too bad Gibson doesn't let you at least choose hardware color - Chrome = Goodness  ;) 

doombass:
Sweet!

drbassman:

--- Quote from: TBird1958 on September 29, 2008, 10:31:31 PM --- It looks like the Hipshot tuners were a tight fit on yours too, at first I didn't think they'd work. It sure turned out Sweet, too bad Gibson doesn't let you at least choose hardware color - Chrome = Goodness  ;) 

--- End quote ---

Ah yes, chromey, chromey goodness!  Yeah, I had to angle the Hipshot tuners just slightly to keep them from hitting.  It was worth it, they are super accurate and the drop in weight is a real plus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version