Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

2003 TB, lotsa chrome!!!

(1/4) > >>

drbassman:
Here's my "newest"  TB.  All finished except for the rear control cover, gotta make one sometime.  It sounds fantastic.  I really can't quite tell, but it seems a little deeper in tone than my white TB with the plastic pup covers.  That one is pretty growly and full of mid-ranges.  This one growls but has a nice bottom end.  Both have TI jazz rounds on them.

rockinrayduke:
Very sharp!! How do you like those Jazz Rounds on a TB?

That's it, I'm ordering a chrome Supertone.

drbassman:

--- Quote from: rockinrayduke on September 29, 2008, 05:50:27 PM ---Very sharp!! How do you like those Jazz Rounds on a TB?

That's it, I'm ordering a chrome Supertone.

--- End quote ---

Hey Ray, I use TI Jazz rounds on all of my TBs.  I love them.  They bend like crazy, are tightly wrapped and easy on the fingers.  They are my favorite rounds, period.  Plenty of piano-like ring but not so harsh.

The Supertone is a bit big, but it is very flexible and the action on this bass is super.  I wasn't going for a vintage look anyway.  This works well on this one IMHO.

rockinrayduke:
As soon as these Elixirs start to fade on the ObG I'm going to try the Jazz Rounds on it, based on your recommendation! Hopefully Wymore Guitars will have a chrome Supertone for me this weekend.

What is the toggle for?

Rikkimax:
VERY NICE!!!  I assume you had to route the body to get those pickups to fit.  Correct?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version