Author Topic: My New Thunderbird :)  (Read 3802 times)

ramone57

• View Profile
Re: My New Thunderbird :)
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 08:54:36 AM »
looks very nice, Mark!  that was nice of Gibson to give a decent break on the price, too.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 11:28:37 AM »
Was the price cut due to the finish cock-up?
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 11:53:39 AM »
Was the price cut due to the finish cock-up?

No...........They dropped prices across the board, my dealer called and told me this several weeks before I got my bass. FWIW I really don't mind that mine is red, its just part of its character. Likely none of them are "perfect" and this one plays well and sounds good soooo...its a keeper  ;D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 08:02:11 PM »
..........and the flock grows.very nice. now we need a new pic of all yer boids.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Bass VI

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 10:46:21 PM »
I duuno Mark, I think the finish is probably more wood-weirdness than anything, the Nikki on the Gibson website looks a bit "redder" between the pickups too!

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Bass/Gibson-USA/Nikki-Sixx.aspx

I like it !!!
There was nothing in the world
That I ever wanted more
Than to feel you deep in my heart
There was nothing in the world
That I ever wanted more
Than to never feel the breaking apart
All my pictures of you

Muzikman7

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 11:44:54 PM »
Nice bass Mark, a question is the finger rest? removeable or part of the bridge.
Tony

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2008, 12:41:19 AM »

Actually a good question Tony, its hard to tell in the pics I posted and Scott's linked shot shows no finger rest (opti-grab). It is a standard black 3 point with the infamous opti grab in place, Nikki must have much longer fingers than mine tho - while I play with a pick down at the bridge my pinkie doesn't get near that thing!   
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

nofi

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2008, 05:49:29 AM »
imho i think the red is a mistake. for that kind of money i don't think i could live with it.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2008, 06:34:36 AM »
For Mark, he plays out so much and his basses get abused (ever see his white bird?), so it's more important that it sounds and plays well, yes looks are important, but I think it's going to be interesting how it will wear/relic down the road, probably look pretty cool with that blood stained heart on it once it gets beat up.

rockinrayduke

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2008, 08:19:44 AM »
But that black hardware will have to go .

WHA???? Are we sure that's really Uwe posting?  :mrgreen:

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2008, 08:53:52 AM »
I think he's suffering from Chrome Affective Disorder and the stress of all that year-end legal work.

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2008, 09:02:07 AM »
i think he has been spiking his yuletide egg nog a bit too much
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2008, 09:55:12 AM »
Mark, if I'm right you ordered two? one for each one of us? I'll mail my address so you can send it!

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2008, 09:58:02 AM »
For Mark, he plays out so much and his basses get abused (ever see his white bird?), so it's more important that it sounds and plays well, yes looks are important, but I think it's going to be interesting how it will wear/relic down the road, probably look pretty cool with that blood stained heart on it once it gets beat up.

Thing is.......I've had it two weeks and have been playing and enjoying it alot, in doing that my lower right forearm has already buffed the satin finish to a gloss, the reddish bit is hardly a concern for me. I think it will aquire a most interesting case of mojo as time goes by - no need to relic it, the process is already occuring naturally. My toxic sweat is seeing to it nicely (My body is Satan's workshop!).  ;)  

Mark, if I'm right you ordered two? one for each one of us? I'll mail my address so you can send it!

Honey I'm on it! Just like you're doing with a BaCHbird........................ ;D
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 12:13:24 PM by TBird1958 »

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2008, 10:07:12 AM »
I mail Rob and BaCH every day. Nice swap: a 200 dollar BaCH for a 2.000 dollar Gibson. ;D