Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

Need a Bach NR T bird Neck

<< < (2/2)

Basvarken:
As far as I know that guy on Ebay also offers to make necks from African Mahogany, which is what BaCH used for the BaCHbird necks.

amptech:

--- Quote from: Basvarken on February 04, 2018, 01:48:33 PM ---As far as I know that guy on Ebay also offers to make necks from African Mahogany, which is what BaCH used for the BaCHbird necks.

--- End quote ---

He built me one.

Needed a maho neck for an EB3 project bought off eBay (seller claimed it had ´the typical´headstock repair, turned out to be a cut down maple bolt on neck - long scale! ..with the original fretboard glued on top).

Neck was african mahogany, impressed with both how it sounded (can´t tell a difference) and fitted (almost no modification/sanding needed on the heel before glueing)

So at least for me, he seems to know gibson necks well. All i had to do was shape headstock, inlay it, mount trussrod, glue down trussrodstrip, glue on fingerboard, and paint. Easy fix, as they say :)

uwe:
Didn't the early Bachbirds have a maple neck?

Denis:

--- Quote from: uwe on February 05, 2018, 02:33:34 PM ---Didn't the early Bachbirds have a maple neck?

--- End quote ---

Maybe the Series I did. I don't think the thin Series II or later IIIs had maple necks.

Basvarken:
Yes the first series did not have a mahogany neck. I'm not sure if it is maple

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version