Author Topic: Sunn Concert bass and 215 cab opinions?  (Read 3846 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Sunn Concert bass and 215 cab opinions?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 06:49:47 PM »
My youngest daughter is a dietician and doesn't even drink soda.  Most breaded foods are scarce in her menus, too.  Fortunately she's not militant about it and realizes everyone needs to eat some of what they enjoy most.  She just pushes for balance - and it sounds like that meal would get her approval.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 07:14:44 PM »
I was given the "opportunity" to receive a substantial discount on this years health insurance premium if I would submit to a full blood workup and biometric measurement >:(  We always answered an extensive survey in the past to get the discount.  So in I go and I get the results in my email a week later - " you are an obese walking dead man" - or something to those words.  Cholesterol was a bit high but the good stuff was very high, triglycerides were at 320 and sucrose was getting ugly. 

So I figured I would change my ways, before they changed me, I pretty muck stopped soft drinks and fast food altogether - cold turkey!  Crack would have been easier to give up :)  I now carry my lunch - fairly healthy stuff and go though two liters of water a day.  When I do grab something on the go it's Subway or a grilled chicken sandwich.  I hit the gym two or three days a week and wear a little fitness tracker called a Fitbit Zip.  I'm down about 37 pounds with about 15 to go since last November.  All of my numbers are in the normal range now except for BMI and the last 15 pounds ought to fix that one.  My days of gravy as a beverage are long gone though I still treat myself to something fried now and again but very rarely.  So, not eating as good as Kenny but still walking the straight and narrow path :P

Still, most days, I would sell my soul to Satan for bacon cheeseburger ;)  And you have no idea what I might do for a plate of chicken fried steak and cream gravy.....

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 10:40:22 PM »
  My days of gravy as a beverage are long gone

Thats hilarious!! Good job on the weight loss. I'm trying to kickstart mine but it's soooo damn hard to not eat what I want  :-\
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 03:38:48 AM »
 I'ts officially off my radar. Picked up a real nice '73 P bass locally for a bargain! I'll post that in the Fender forum later this AM.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 06:10:51 AM »
Chicken fried steak RAWKS!!! Unfortunately...up North here in the Midwest..Damn Yankees don't usually have this on their menu... I Love BBQ.. Hecky's in Evanston, Illinois ROCKS!! So does Smoke Daddy on Division st. in chicago.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 06:38:13 AM »
The best beef barbecue I ever had was in a restaurant located in the old Blatz Brewery in Milwaukee. This was about 1991 or 1992. I've never forgotten that plate of bbq beef washed down with Andeker and Sprecher's beer.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 02:26:20 PM »
I'm on a sea-food diet... (see-food-and-eat-it) ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...