Author Topic: Bad Co. Bassplayer  (Read 6086 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Co. Bassplayer
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 02:59:19 PM »
There's more to the T'bird than meets the eye... as she said... she has to keep some secrets...  ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 06:48:03 PM »
I clearly heard Mark say "one of my ex-wives". So there must be others. It was wimmin - no, not swimming, wimmen! - that made him what she is today ...
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 10:55:50 PM »

Herr Moderator.......

It's ex-wife.
For me so far once has been enough, not ruling it out but it's going to take an exceptional person to put up with me at this point  ;)    I notice Chris is pretty scarce lately  :sad:
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 02:12:21 PM »
... But at least he's still Chris...  ;D

I had a work colleague during the 70's that used to wear make-up and haunt the discos claiming to be gay and putting it about that he had never "slept with a lady"... he had all sorts of women offering to "cure him" and was never short of partners...  ;)

The last Heart line-up I saw had Carmassi and Andes... the encore featured Randy California and Brian May, all playing "Rock 'n' Roll"... quite enjoyed that... That's a great story, Mark, nice to have that sort of material on your doorstep... Nirvana were locals to you too... never saw them - knew the stuff but only really got into them post; my daughter really likes then and the FF's...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

nofi

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 03:42:29 PM »
ff=foo fighters. imho one of the most undeserving bands to hit it big. notice i did not say worse. i once forced myself to watch a concert on television to see what all the buzz was about. at best it's generic rock. period. they ellicit no emotional response from me at all. just bewilderment. the music is so plain, forgetable vanilla it's gruesome. even watching paint induces boredom which is a step ahead of these guys. the only other band i had such a WTF reaction from was r.e.m., but over the years some of their songs have grown on me.

i liked boz during his short stay in king crimson. playing and vocals

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 03:52:43 PM »
Can I put you down as a "not a fan" then... ?  ;D

I liked Boz when he was in "Chuck Farley" (cos that was a nice pub band that played 1-200 audiences...) and yes, that is a "Spoonerism"...  ;)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 10:45:58 PM »

I never did see Nirvana..............
I'm often a little late in appreciating certain musical trends, I did pass thru their old hometown of Aberdeen-Hoquiam on Tuesday this past week on my way to Pt. Angeles for a three night set of shows. True to form, it was raining  ;)
Here's a shot from the dashboard..............yes I do advocate taking pics while driving.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 12:55:06 AM »
Keepyour hands on the wheel Mark  ;D
Digresion our specialty!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 08:20:35 AM »
ff=foo fighters. imho one of the most undeserving bands to hit it big. notice i did not say worse. i once forced myself to watch a concert on television to see what all the buzz was about. at best it's generic rock. period. they ellicit no emotional response from me at all. just bewilderment. the music is so plain, forgetable vanilla it's gruesome. even watching paint induces boredom which is a step ahead of these guys. the only other band i had such a WTF reaction from was r.e.m., but over the years some of their songs have grown on me.

i liked boz during his short stay in king crimson. playing and vocals

Thank God, someone finally said it. My feelings exactly. Utterly non-descript bunch. Only redeeming factor is how the bass player can be seen with an old Ripper lately. Even Nicklebag is better.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 09:27:54 AM »

Thank God, someone finally said it. My feelings exactly. Utterly non-descript bunch. Only redeeming factor is how the bass player can be seen with an old Ripper lately. Even Nicklebag is better.

OK, first off - to each his own. But.... You guys are out of your minds!  :P Foos have some fantastically composed pop songs with great melodies and TONS of emotion. Ya wanna talk about generic rock - try Bad Co!  :bored: LOL! And even if their material was that bad, their performance at the VH1 Who Rock Honors was enough to redeem them. Any time my cover band does one of their songs (which is every show) it gets a HUGE response.

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 01:02:29 PM »
FF was or is kinda boring but D. Grohl is a great drummer.the Scream stuff is great and his metal thing PROBOT is great.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 01:16:12 PM »
Ya wanna talk about generic rock - try Bad Co!  :bored: LOL!

You're not listening closely enough - go buy the first two albums. A nearly perfect combination of blues, soul, rock and pop. Never mind that Paul Rodgers could just be the best all-around rock vocalist ever.
I have no axe to grind with the Foo Fighters, but I think their 15 minutes is just about up.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 01:37:33 PM »
Bret... that should have been, "Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel..."

Mark... Sounds like Scotland...  ;)

Everyone... I like the Foo Fighters, and frankly my dears, I don't give a damn... I even quite like Nicklebaggies... so does Roshina... hmm, maybe I should start teaching her the riff to "Ace Of Spades"...  ;)

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 02:26:34 PM »
You're not listening closely enough - go buy the first two albums. A nearly perfect combination of blues, soul, rock and pop. Never mind that Paul Rodgers could just be the best all-around rock vocalist ever.
I have no axe to grind with the Foo Fighters, but I think their 15 minutes is just about up.

Nah, I appreciate them more now, but when I was in high school I thought they were pretty bland. Simon Kirke is rock solid, and I do like the stuff Boz did.

FF - 15 minutes? They've been making records for 14 years and have done pretty well for themselves.  :)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 11:21:18 PM »
Bret... that should have been, "Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel..."

It was insinuated Ken  ;)
Digresion our specialty!