Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

First gig in a long while

<< < (2/2)

uwe:
Mine still has the foam!  :mrgreen:

I like its sound and the way it plays, but in a rock band setting it has issues cutting through, it's not exactly an EB-650 which takes no prisoners sonically. The Gretsch is just too well-behaved. In a country rock setting it should work great though.

Pilgrim:

--- Quote from: uwe on September 13, 2017, 10:43:53 AM ---Mine still has the foam!  :mrgreen:

I like its sound and the way it plays, but in a rock band setting it has issues cutting through, it's not exactly an EB-650 which takes no prisoners sonically. The Gretsch is just too well-behaved. In a country rock setting it should work great though.

--- End quote ---

I do think removing the foam might make just a BIT of difference in sound transmission, through the bridge.

Geez, considering the lengthy debates about the sound of body wood, you'd think someone would take the foam out from under the bridge to get the improvement in sound resulting..... :P

Incidentally, the guys have asked me about subbing on a gig next June (they book far ahead) but I think I'll be in Deutschland on a Viking river cruise about then!  It figures.

uwe:
"I think I'll be in Deutschland on a Viking river cruise about then! It figures."

Jawohl, kein Zufall. Sonne, Sand, Germanentum!

Highlander:
Where are the towels...?

uwe:
 :rimshot: :rimshot: :rimshot:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version