Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

Re: Music videos that feature Gibson EB-2 and Epi Rivoli basses...

<< < (3/30) > >>

Highlander:
Ahem... I wish to make a complaint... This thread, started not less than 24 hours ago...

Ah yes, the EB2 and Rivoli Thread... Beautiful music...

It's not original...

Wot d'you mean, not original... corse it's original...

Well then, my good man... what's this thread, started more than four years ago and posted in barely four weeks ago... :mrgreen:

Granny Gremlin:
It did feel a bit familiar.  :o

uwe:

--- Quote from: Granny Gremlin on November 13, 2015, 01:08:24 PM ---He never lets me have a minute of fun.  Must everything be classic rock and hair metal all the time?

--- End quote ---

Jake, stop your blue moanin'!

And lighten up!

For the avoidance of doubt: I have more Cure, Smiths and especially Morrissey CDs than I have of BTO. The Smiths stuff suffers for the really meek and tinny production, but Morrissey's solo work is not only sonically much better. Hey, I even have Johnny Marr CDs!

Granny Gremlin:
Not sure it still counts towards your hipster cred if your son  left them with you when he moved out for school.  :P

Alanko:
The early clip of Tangerine Dream is quite fun, but not really great music. That is Klaus Schulze on drums! Really Edgar Froese is the only link between this lineup at the later band.

The crowd look pretty awkward and sheepish, like they didn't really know what they were meant to be doing, but it had to be something far out. This reflects on something I read  about the band Van Der Graaf Generator. When they first went over to Germany in the late '60s nobody knew what this counter culture was about, and the audience was basically short-haired kids raised on Schlager music. The next time VDGG were over there, only a short period of time later, everybody had their hair grown out to their waist and spent their time hanging out with Andreas Baader and the like in weird communes. LSD consumption was rife; well above anything VDGG were up to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version