Author Topic: Genz-Benz Tech Support  (Read 2779 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Genz-Benz Tech Support
« on: February 18, 2014, 09:40:15 AM »
I wanted to provide members of this forum with some info on warranty and repair support for the Shuttle amps we bought.  I checked the TB thread on the future of Genz-Benz and found new info as of the last 24 hours on page 41 of the thread:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/future-genz-benz-1013626/index41.html

Post 803:

(Agedhorse) Yes it is true that Genz Benz as a brand has been mothballed, and that Jeff has indeed left the building. I have also left the building... sort of... I will continue to handle all factory level warranty support of G.B. product for KMC. Jeff, Roger, Scott and I are proud of the accomplishments we have made pushing the envelope of bass and acoustic amplification, and equally proud of our customer service values. This continued warranty service support is just an extension of our devotion to our valued customers over the years. Jeff and I have known each other and worked together on various projects for ~25 years. I can say without qualification that I have never worked with as good of a group of folks as the Genz Benz/KMC Music folks, and wouldn't trade this experience or Jeff's friendship for anything. Also, it should be mentioned that there are a lot of good guys at Fender as well, our vision just didn't work within their vision. No need to speak negatively about them, let's see what their vision for the future brings to the bass world.

That said, I would also like to confirm another rumor. I have accepted the position of Product Development Engineer at Mesa Engineering. I have always admired their products, their people, their build quality, and especially their customer service. Everybody that I have met there reminds me of the "good 'ol days" at G.B. with the passion, creativity, personality, and bonus... they are local to me!

Jeff and I want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all your support and friendship with Genz Benz over the years. Most of you may never know how much it means to us. Behind every brand is people, people like you and me, and it's people that make the world go around.

Andy

And post #810:

(Agedhorse) Warranty repairs can be handled by any of our KMC/Genz Benz warranty centers in the USA, B&J music (distributors) in Canada, and any Fender Electronics service center globally. Not all service centers may be comfortable servicing all products since most centers have seen very few amps in a year or two or three, so be sure to verify with the service center you would like to use.

I am also available to provide engineering support ato ll of our service centers, as well as to perform the service work if you are willing to ship your unit to me. Turnaround time in the shop is typically 48 hours

I hope this helps clarify how repairs can be handled.

Continuing Product Support: Genz Benz

Personally, I am DELIGHTED to have snagged a new Shuttle 6.2 before the NOS disappeared.  I'm loving it!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
Re: Genz-Benz Tech Support
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 11:51:46 AM »
Thanks, Al.  I started wading thru all the posts on Genz and gave up after around 500, this cuts to the chase!  What can be better than having it serviced by the guy who designed it?

I just purchased a NOS Streamliner 9.2 to go with the Shuttle 6.2 I got last week.  I listened to the side by side comparo on the Genz site (wonder how long that will last) and it may be more to my liking. Side by side starts about 2:30
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d-27szg61bw?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The difference was described like this:  The Streamliner gets an old school tube sound right out of the box and you can get to a 'modern' sound pretty easily.  The Shuttle works the opposite way.  I also like the looks of the Streamliner better.  The Shuttle looks like a hobby box, Streamliner has a bit more style to it and fewer blinking lights and knobs.  Plus who DOESN'T need 900 watts in a 6.5 lb package?

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 02:27:37 PM »
It's funny - when he finishes alternating between them and comments about their very different personalities, I was thinking "I sure couldn't live on the difference between the two."

Maybe it's that I'm listening on headhphones...or maybe I have a tin ear.

But I can't argue at ALL with an upgrade to anything Genz that has 9.2 in the title.  More headroom, more toys, more features. 
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 02:46:28 PM »
It's funny - when he finishes alternating between them and comments about their very different personalities, I was thinking "I sure couldn't live on the difference between the two."

Maybe it's that I'm listening on headhphones...or maybe I have a tin ear.

But I can't argue at ALL with an upgrade to anything Genz that has 9.2 in the title.  More headroom, more toys, more features.

I can hear a slight difference on the E string notes.  I'm not claiming to be rational, that's for sure.

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 04:04:00 PM »
900 watts would put me in a hearing aid a little earlier ;D
It just kills me to see Genz Benz go away :sad:
Rick