Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283275 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #1815 on: July 08, 2010, 04:38:02 AM »
Ah... If I'm not mistaken, the original (Gibson) burst NR's had a black headstock and the custom colored ones had a matching headstock. Again, with the BaCH bird, it's an 'anything goes' platform AFAIC. :)

Can't wait to see yours, Mark!

"Anything goes" goes farther back than that. Not all custom colored old sixties Non Rev TBs had a matching headstocks (but the majority did), some had black ones. I guess you could have either if you asked nicely back in the day.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: July 09, 2010, 02:22:54 PM »
just got an affortable (???) pickup/bridge cover off feebay.  height may be an issue but within reason that can be easily fixed.  

we shall see.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380248744016
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: July 16, 2010, 08:56:45 AM »
Please, tell us about how the pickup/bridge cover worked out! I've seen these for some time on the bay, but don't have any info about how they are. So, come on, tell us!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1818 on: July 16, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »

I'm leaving a pic of my finished TH-1 here too, there's more in the Projects forum.

Thank you Scott! The new PG is a work of art and so obviously a labor of love - It simply makes the Bass!  :thumbsup:

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: July 16, 2010, 11:20:49 AM »
Please, tell us about how the pickup/bridge cover worked out! I've seen these for some time on the bay, but don't have any info about how they are. So, come on, tell us!

bought one two years ago. tried it on an orginal Badass and a Schaller, it would not clear them! height was not sufficient for either. the cover looked good but if you want to use it, then try it over just the strings. i never did try it there i was so pi__ed off.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

jazzbo58

• View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: July 17, 2010, 12:26:15 PM »
After many trials and tribulations, I have received my BaCH. Many thanks to Rob for all his help! It was my bass that he sent back do to quality concerns and that set us back.

Mark, your bass looks awesome! I need to get busy with my modificatons( Lull pu, cts pots and hopefully one of Scott's guards)

Thanks to all who have helped me! Pictures soon.

Cheers,
Jim

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: July 19, 2010, 01:17:46 PM »
lull pups are backordered so i would order one soon.  I am waiting about 3 weeks so far.  they seem to be very popular..
JIM

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: July 19, 2010, 01:26:54 PM »
After many trials and tribulations, I have received my BaCH. Many thanks to Rob for all his help! It was my bass that he sent back do to quality concerns and that set us back.

Mark, your bass looks awesome! I need to get busy with my modificatons( Lull pu, cts pots and hopefully one of Scott's guards)

Thanks to all who have helped me! Pictures soon.

Cheers,
Jim

welcome to the bachbird group.. Now i am not the newest guy  )))) 

also Jim
JIM

jazzbo58

• View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: July 19, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »

welcome to the bachbird group.. Now i am not the newest guy  )))) 

also Jim

Thanks Jim! I actually purchased my Lull PU in May when I ordered the bass, so I'm ready to get busy!!

Cheers,
Jim

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: July 20, 2010, 10:34:46 AM »
just got a tbird TRC off of feebay foir 12.99 plus 4 from a hong kong guy.  they come with either gold or silver lettering.  looks right.  will let you know when it shows up..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320561125061
JIM

Johnbob

• View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: July 20, 2010, 12:05:12 PM »
I was actually thinking of buying one of these truss rod covers but I was a little suspicious about them. I was looking at the sellers feedback and a few people had complained that some of the other truss rod covers he was offering weren't accurate but some people had good things to say so I wasn't sure if I should go for it. The placement of the logo looks a little off to me but I don't really care about that as much as the actual fit and size of it. I want to know if it's accurate in those regards. The price is really good and the shipping is also reasonable. I have seen more authentic looking ones go for around $40 so this is a good deal if it fits right. I might actually go for it since it's so cheap.

leftybass

• View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: July 20, 2010, 12:40:20 PM »
a few people had complained that some of the other truss rod covers he was offering weren't accurate

Are you concerned about the accuracy of the fake TRC you wanna put on your fake T-Bird?

:rolleyes:
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2014 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2013 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2012 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2011 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2010 Austin Music Poll

Proud owner of Dee Murray's Steinberger.

Johnbob

• View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: July 20, 2010, 01:31:39 PM »
Ha ha ha... Yeah, of course. No, seriously though, I want to make sure it fits on the headstock the right way. For the most part at least. If it's too big, trimming it down would be easy but if it's too small then I can't do anything about it. I think I am going to go for it though.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1828 on: July 20, 2010, 01:43:21 PM »

A valid concern.
My BaCH's TRC screw holes didn't line up at all and while the TRC does bear some resemblance to the Gibson, it's only a pssing one. An orginal Gibson (or one exactly patterned) TRC will fit a BaCH and cover the factory holes (you'll end up drilling two new ones)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Johnbob

• View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: July 20, 2010, 02:12:35 PM »
I bought it. I'm pretty sure I am going to refinish my Bachbird at this point anyway so I'm not too concerned about the holes since they will be filled anyway. I am switching out the pickguard too so I will have to fill those holes too.