Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283272 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #1635 on: March 26, 2010, 10:51:17 AM »
I have been breaking in my Trans Cherry at rehearsal for the past few weeks. Again I have to say what a wonderful job Rob and Bach have done with theses basses. I forget that I am playing a Bach and not my 60's NRs. This new one has a slightly beefier neck than the first black one which is fine with me, my favorite NR a '69 has a really beefy neck and the Trans Cherry bass really reminds me of it. Bach does a excellent job with the necks the profile is just right and the fret work is very good. I love the mop inlays on this batch. I really like the mahogany construction ! Not the mystery meat of the earlier versions. My Bday is coming up in June and I already told the missus what I would like  ;D If Gibson ever re-issues a NR it will cost a whole lot more and won't be half as good.Again Fantastic job on these basses.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

stiles72

• View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: March 26, 2010, 12:06:07 PM »
I'm really jonesing for a Cherry NR but just can't decide on 1 pickup or 2 ???  I like the simplified look of the single pickup, and it could easily transform into this

but I really liked the 2 pickup tone Rob got in his video demo.  Decisions decisions decisions!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #1637 on: March 26, 2010, 12:14:34 PM »
One pup Birds Rule, I have no use for the other pickup
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

tore00

• Southern by grace of God
    • View Profile
    • Snakebite
« Reply #1638 on: March 26, 2010, 01:24:40 PM »
I've just ordered a two pick ups cherry and now I am very tempted by a one pickup honeyburst to add to the white one that I already have. My Bday is also in June, may we will fest two new Bbirds in June!
Maker of the Bad-Sonic Pickups

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #1639 on: March 26, 2010, 01:36:15 PM »
I've just ordered a two pick ups cherry and now I am very tempted by a one pickup honeyburst to add to the white one that I already have. My Bday is also in June, may we will fest two new Bbirds in June!
  :toast:

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #1640 on: March 26, 2010, 02:10:36 PM »
Thank you for the kind words guys.

Personally I prefer the TH-2.
It has everything a TH-1 has, plus one extra  :mrgreen:

Seriously: I like the tight tone of two humbuckers together. And I like the fact that you can dial the second pickup in just as much as you want.

Johnbob

• View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: March 29, 2010, 10:01:21 AM »
Hi, this is my first post and I have a few questions for everyone. First off I am beyond thrilled to have stumbled on this thread and the Bachbird. I have been wanting a non-reverse Thunderbird for a long time and was beginning to give up hope of ever owning one. I have almost settled for the Epiphone reissue version a few times but I could never do it because I didn't like the pick-up configuration and the reverse headstock. Fano guitars just released a version too which is also very nice but it costs thousands of dollars and yet still isn't exactly what I was looking for, the headstock didn't really do it for me on this one either. Finding the Bachbird was an amazing bit of luck.

OK so here are my questions:

1.Does the bass come with a case? In the description it says "Case for this model in our offer" that seems to imply that the case comes with the offer but I'm not sure if that's correct. Or do they mean that they also offer a case for an additional fee? I'm not sure what they mean and I have emailed them but I haven't heard back from them. I want to order the bass but I'm not sure if I should also order a case separately.

2. Since I haven't heard back from them is that something to worry about? Is Bach music easy or difficult to deal with? I'm a little worried about ordering something from an international company without knowing much about their history. Will they take forever to ship it out? Is dealing with them a nightmare or is it really as easy as it seems?

Thank you to anyone that responds to this.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #1642 on: March 29, 2010, 10:11:41 AM »
Bach does not respond quickly. The case is available for additional cost. I suggest than instead of dealing with Bach that you order your bass through Rob (Basvarken). He is a authorized dealer and responsible for getting Bach to make these in the first place. He went through great effort to get these built. Glad you found us ! Having played NRs for most of my life I can assure you that these basses really are a great version of Gibson's non reverse Thunderbirds.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:41:37 AM by godofthunder »

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1643 on: March 29, 2010, 10:24:27 AM »

Welcome here, ours is a happy place  :toast:

As Scott says work with Rob on this as all aspects of the sale will be much easier.
He accepts paypal and ships promptly, plus he communicates better than the guys at BaCH
(tho their english is far better than my Czech!). You won't be disappointed, for the $$$ it's a great bass.

Ze Fraulein  ;) 
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Johnbob

• View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: March 29, 2010, 10:41:17 AM »
Thanks for the quick responses. How do I get a hold of Rob? Will ordering from him be the same price? 

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #1645 on: March 29, 2010, 10:50:50 AM »
Rob is our global moderator he is three posts back in this thread. Send him a pm  personal message) .

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #1646 on: March 29, 2010, 11:07:51 AM »
Rob is our global moderator he is three posts back in this thread. Send him a pm  personal message) .

aka Barvarken
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: March 29, 2010, 01:57:34 PM »
aka Barvarken

Or Basvarken.  :P

Johnbob, welcome. If you order directly from BaCH you will eventually get your bass, but there's a language barrier and you will have to buy by direct wire transfer of funds.

The difficulty is what prompted Rob to become an authorized dealer. He's in the Netherlands. You can pay him by Paypal and once he has the bass in stock, you'll have it within a few days. Look back in this thread a few pages, the people in the US who ordered from him got their basses in less than a week.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #1648 on: March 29, 2010, 02:54:51 PM »
Welcome to the club Johnbob.
PM sent.

bassvirtuoso

• My God, it's full of chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: March 29, 2010, 04:16:21 PM »
WARNING! BEWARE!

Hi! I'm sorry if I fooled anyone to buy the Rockbag I told you guys about a couple of sides ago. I must have had a brain collapse, the link I refered to showed a gig bag that's to small for the Bachbird. I know I fooled Saltymonkey into getting one of these. Don't worry, I'll stand Saltys shipping costs for my brain lapse.
I'm really sorry.
The correct link for the gig bag I bought is this: http://www.9mileguitar.com/product.sc?productId=735&categoryId=105
The model nr is RB 20621 B/PLUS. Fits perfect for the first rounds of Birds, the ones from last year. Though I wouldn't know whether some of the new Birds are to thick for the RB 20621 B/PLUS.
I apologize...

I bought one over the weekend and just received it today. Does anyone else have one right now? I put mine in upside-down as I didn't trust the angled headstock to be angled downward. It's a really tight fit too...

How does everyone else feel about theirs?
-Dave

German-American Chrome Fan Club Member #666