Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283289 times)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #1605 on: March 16, 2010, 07:45:37 PM »
I'm a big guy so I never have any problems with the dive issue.  I had one of the older Epi non reverse 'Bird 5 string basses and didn't have any issue with dive.  The string spacing was a bit tight though.

I'm sorry but what was tight?  ;D
Digresion our specialty!

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: March 17, 2010, 02:04:53 AM »
Either way, once you relocate the strap pin, the dive is minimal and completely acceptable. How do you like the length of the BaCH?

Within an hour of unpacking my TH-2 I laid it on the kitchen table and got out the cordless drill. The lady of the house says "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" as I calmly drilled a hole in the heel of the neck.  I did have to buy an extra long strap though 'cause I'm pretty tall, and it does balance much better.

Also, I put a set of Chromes on it. Regular long scale Chromes are to short for the Bachbird, the silks rest on the nut, fortunately they have a super long version that fits nicely. And the TH-2 with Chromes sounds great.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: March 17, 2010, 04:58:52 AM »
Haha, I don't even think I attempted to try my TH-2 using the original front pin!

That's good to know about the need for extra long strings because I was thinking of putting flats on mine.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #1608 on: March 17, 2010, 05:04:45 AM »
Roto Sound long scale fit fine, I am picking up a set of RS66LDs standard gauge today !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #1609 on: March 17, 2010, 05:09:55 AM »
GHS Heavy Boomers on mine.
Plus extra strapbutton on the heel.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #1610 on: March 17, 2010, 05:30:25 AM »
I'm using Roto RB-40's on my TH-1
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Hornisse

« Reply #1611 on: March 17, 2010, 09:42:50 AM »
I'm running DR Hi Beam's on mine.  They have plenty of length.  Can anyone show a photo of where to put the strap button at the heel of the neck?  I want to be sure to place it in the right location. 

saltymonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: March 17, 2010, 12:19:47 PM »

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: March 17, 2010, 04:26:26 PM »
WARNING! BEWARE!

Hi! I'm sorry if I fooled anyone to buy the Rockbag I told you guys about a couple of sides ago. I must have had a brain collapse, the link I refered to showed a gig bag that's to small for the Bachbird. I know I fooled Saltymonkey into getting one of these. Don't worry, I'll stand Saltys shipping costs for my brain lapse.
I'm really sorry.
The correct link for the gig bag I bought is this: http://www.9mileguitar.com/product.sc?productId=735&categoryId=105
The model nr is RB 20621 B/PLUS. Fits perfect for the first rounds of Birds, the ones from last year. Though I wouldn't know whether some of the new Birds are to thick for the RB 20621 B/PLUS.
I apologize...

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: March 19, 2010, 05:49:34 AM »
Am I glad??!!! You bet! Why? Because no-one has responded to my offer concerning economic compensation for my misguiding advice about the gig bag for the Bachbird. Which could have cost me quite a buck.
And you know, fellas, this reminds me of what my dear old mama used to say. She said:
"Son, this world is rough, and if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough. And I knew I wouldn't be there to help ya along..." I'm sorry...(sob!)... I don't have the strength to continue...    :mrgreen:
Have a nice weekend, guys and dolls, I'm going to pick one of my nice ol' Embassies, jump on a bass, plug that bass into my Ampeg, and play with my band on its 30th anniversary tonight. Blues, soul, little bit of what might best be described as boogaloo, too. Anything goes, these days!

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: March 19, 2010, 05:52:56 AM »
I'm doing it again! The wrong messages seems to be jumping out of my typewriter. See: Bass, as in Embassy, is OK. Though bass, as the one one jumps on, is not OK. It should be read "Bus"! Comprende?

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: March 19, 2010, 06:26:09 AM »
Hey Congrats on 30 years with your band, what a milestone!
Digresion our specialty!

tore00

• Southern by grace of God
    • View Profile
    • Snakebite
« Reply #1617 on: March 19, 2010, 01:12:43 PM »
I did not resist longer. Today is father's day in Italy and my wife asked me what I wanted as a gift: I just asked allow me to click the order button on the Bach web site. Now waiting for the cherry red NR TH-2!
Maker of the Bad-Sonic Pickups

stiles72

• View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: March 19, 2010, 01:44:33 PM »
Anyone have any photos of their new birds in action on stage?  :)

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #1619 on: March 19, 2010, 02:41:52 PM »
we even have a special thread for pics of BaCHbirds in flight

http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic=2509.0