Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283275 times)

bassvirtuoso

• My God, it's full of chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #1515 on: March 11, 2010, 11:38:19 AM »
and instillation of the new PG !

I'll be emailing/Facebooking soon about that Scott...
-Dave

German-American Chrome Fan Club Member #666

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: March 11, 2010, 12:25:18 PM »
Ach, you guys are killing me! I just KNOW when I get home there will be a note from FedX indicating they'd attempted to deliver but needed a signature and didn't leave it.  :P
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

bassvirtuoso

• View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: March 11, 2010, 12:43:50 PM »
Ach, you guys are killing me! I just KNOW when I get home there will be a note from FedX indicating they'd attempted to deliver but needed a signature and didn't leave it.  :P

And that's why I always deliver to my work address now!  ;D

-Dave

bassvirtuoso

• View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: March 11, 2010, 12:44:56 PM »
WOW! I agree with Scott, Rob's video didn't do this thing any justice. It's absolutely beautiful and happened to be in perfect tune out of the box  ???

Can't wait to get home and plug it in!
-Dave

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #1519 on: March 11, 2010, 12:51:07 PM »
  MOP dot inlay ! Nice upgrade !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1520 on: March 11, 2010, 01:49:17 PM »

It's a good day here in Seattle too  ;D

This lovely Orange beauty showed up at work.....

No sooner than I get home with it and there's a knock on my front door and........

And the new couple..........Back in awhile I'm playing the BASS!

Thank YOU Scott and Rob!

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #1521 on: March 11, 2010, 01:51:28 PM »
Glad it there made it safe Mark ! A beautiful pair !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #1522 on: March 11, 2010, 03:20:36 PM »
All set for Friday night ! Set up and sporting a new guard  :) ! Idiosynratic (is that a word?) as ever. The body is thicker than my first one, I like the thinner body ones, more like a real NR. No belly cut wish it had it, but no big deal. I just set this up and I can get the action soooooooooooooooooooo low, unbelievable really, plays and sound GREAT! QC seems to be getting better, the finish seems to have flowed out better, my first one was a little wavy. I LOVE the MOP inlays ! Adds just the right touch ! I knew the bass would be thicker it really isn't a big deal, any negative comments I have for the bass are MINOR, more stating a preference. I would (and will) buy another ! Thanks so much Rob !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it Love it Love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bassvirtuoso

• View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: March 11, 2010, 03:22:20 PM »
All set for Friday night ! Set up and sporting a new guard  :) ! Idiosynratic (is that a word?) as ever. The body is thicker than my first one, I like the thinner body ones, more like a real NR. No belly cut wish it had it, but no big deal. I just set this up and I can get the action soooooooooooooooooooo low, unbelievable really, plays and sound GREAT! QC seems to be getting better, the finish seems to have flowed out better, my first one was a little wavy. I LOVE the MOP inlays ! Adds just the right touch ! I knew the bass would be thicker it really isn't a big deal, any negative comments I have for the bass are MINOR, more stating a preference. I would (and will) buy another ! Thanks so much Rob !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it Love it Love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott, not to scare you, but you're missing your bridge pickup!  ;D
-Dave

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1524 on: March 11, 2010, 03:23:46 PM »

Gonna need a PG from ya Scott..... ;D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #1525 on: March 11, 2010, 03:24:09 PM »
I don't need no stink'n bridge pickup ;)

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #1526 on: March 11, 2010, 03:32:16 PM »
Wow, I am really happy the basses arrived safe and sound.
And most of all so incredibly fast! I sent them away monday!
It was the first time I ever sent a bass to the USA. And first time I ever used DPD.
Looks we have a winner.

And of course I am very glad you like your BaCHbirds so much.

:toast:

Rob

saltymonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: March 11, 2010, 03:52:17 PM »
Mine's here too! Just got home from work and it was sitting inside my storm door. The Honeyburst is beautiful! I'm letting it warm up for a while before plugging it in. Wow, I'm stoked. I haven't even plugged it in yet and I'm trying to decide which color to get next. That's normal right? Thanks so much Rob. What an effortless and smooth bird acquisition. That's two birds in one week for me. I also got the green Jackson ,which I am loving. It arrived in brand new condition, not a single mark on it, no swirls-nothing. And both were only $500! What a great week to be a bass player.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: March 11, 2010, 04:17:15 PM »
Holy cow! Mine was here too! This thing is unbelieveably beautiful! I love how the BaCH logo is outlined in black and visible against the clear on the headstock. Here are some detail pics of my TH-2. Thanks so much, Rob!

Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Hornisse

« Reply #1529 on: March 11, 2010, 04:26:55 PM »
Congratulations guys (and gal!).  The basses look fantastic!