Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283273 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #1335 on: January 10, 2010, 03:53:29 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 10, 2010, 04:27:33 PM »
Not much info but in case you want to read whatever is there in English: http://www.bachmusik.com/en/

I'm totally stoked for a burst II but that dark transparent red sounds like this:

Which means I might have to figure out how to buy two...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: January 11, 2010, 05:54:45 AM »
(deep sobbing sounds from the UK)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

PhilT

• View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 11, 2010, 06:01:07 AM »
More weeping

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #1339 on: January 11, 2010, 06:38:10 AM »
A NR IV in tobaccoburst?  Oh, my.  I have a feeling the Newport will be sold before too long, in that case.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: January 11, 2010, 09:22:41 AM »
Cool. Looks like they're finally taking my advice 8)

Holy Cow! That is absolutely gorgeous! It wouldn't take much to swing me over to one of these over the Entwistle bass they are working on.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 11, 2010, 01:13:57 PM »
Such a beautiful piece! That T-bird II is really nice looking! A hymn to simplicity.

nolabass

• View Profile
    • Myspace and Gig Calendar
« Reply #1342 on: January 11, 2010, 05:28:46 PM »
I posted this elsewhere not knowing that anyone else knew about it-you guys are too good! I had received an email about the release of 2 pickup NR BachBirds in transparent red and honeyburst. Oh me oh my! I NEED one of these, pretty much simplifed my entire bass collection so getting one or two of these could be feasible. Hopefully I'm on the "notification" list for these, If yall can provide any good direction towards the purchasing process (i.e. money orders? international buying/shipping processes/taxes) i would love to hear from you. Can't wait to be a member of this little club-and play the snot out of this puppy! Cheers!

jmcgliss

• View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 11, 2010, 10:36:45 PM »
That burst is NICE.  Suddenly wondering about the progress of the Fender-y-bird seems more urgent.
RD Artist w/ Victory headstock (sold)
2009 Epiphone Thunderbird IV silverburst (mods pending)
2005 Lakland Decade Dark Star | 2009 55-02 Chi-Sonic
2005 Dark Star P-Bass | 1986 Pedulla Buzz |
Eden heads with various 12's and 10's | Ampeg B-15N

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: January 11, 2010, 11:10:43 PM »
If yall can provide any good direction towards the purchasing process (i.e. money orders? international buying/shipping processes/taxes) i would love to hear from you. Can't wait to be a member of this little club-and play the snot out of this puppy! Cheers!

If it goes the same as last time they'll send you an invoice via email and want an international wire transfer from your bank. If you've never done one before (which many of us in the U.S. haven't really ever had the need to do), it's really not that big a deal. The teller at my bank had never done one so it took about 30 minutes to get through it all. With shipping and exchange rate (send the amount in whatever currency they ask for on the invoice), it was about $400 per bass last time around (no idea if it'll be the same this time). All the information you'll need for the wire transfer is included in the invoice, so print that out and take it to your bank.

A couple of things:

Once you get the invoice, pay ASAP. I left it for a week and they actually canceled my order. They just sent a new invoice once I convinced them I really did want the basses (I bought two), but they expect payment pretty quickly once they've sent that invoice.

My shipment took about nine days from payment sent to arrival at my door. Some guys got them even quicker than that.

I didn't pay any import taxes or fees. Actually, I never have and have bought quite few basses from overseas in the last nine years.

And remember when you come back to report on your new bird: No pics? No bass!  :mrgreen:

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #1345 on: January 12, 2010, 05:46:16 AM »
Such a beautiful piece! That T-bird II is really nice looking! A hymn to simplicity.
I like the IIs much better just for that reason...............simplicity ! I never liked a pickup by the bridge (EB3s being the exception) and I have always found one pickup basses have plenty of different tones to offer just by changing they way you play, pick vs fingers, where you play and using the tone control etc. I can't wait to see the dark trans red ! The sunburst looks fantastic as well I just might have to buy one of each ! My wife owes me a bass for renovating her yoga studio  ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 06:29:34 AM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 12, 2010, 10:09:56 AM »
I would really like to turn the Bachbird one step further into a copy of the original, bringing the finger rest (I know it's called thumb rest, but one can't rest the thumb on it, other than that one flips the bass? Can one?), and covers into the picture. But the prices seems a bit to high, at least for my economy. Is there anywhere to find copies of this stuff?

Low End Theorist

• View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 12, 2010, 01:29:36 PM »
  :o

A sunburst IV?

I have always wanted one.
Where am I gonna get the money?  ???

Muzikman7

• View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: January 12, 2010, 02:49:04 PM »
I want the Blue one I sent an e-mail.
Tony

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #1349 on: January 12, 2010, 04:02:17 PM »
I would really like to turn the Bachbird one step further into a copy of the original, bringing the finger rest (I know it's called thumb rest, but one can't rest the thumb on it, other than that one flips the bass? Can one?), and covers into the picture. But the prices seems a bit to high, at least for my economy. Is there anywhere to find copies of this stuff?

Not everybody wants one. That's the reason why it wasn't ordered in the first place.
It shouldn't be too hard to make one yourself. You don't have to be an engineer to shape a little piece of wood an put two holes in it...