Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283274 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #1065 on: June 17, 2009, 07:34:05 AM »
Okay, Rob has a new thread and poll here: http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic=2506.0

Let's post any more speculation and suggestions about future BaCH projects there, not in this thread.

I'll move some posts over there.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #1066 on: June 17, 2009, 07:44:32 AM »
Thanx Dave.
Somehow I have a feeling that thread is going to be the second longest in the Outpost... ;)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: June 17, 2009, 03:37:32 PM »
I've tried emailing Roman at least 4 times via different methods including Gmail. I either get this lovely message in reply or no reply,

Mail Delivery Subsystem to me
show details 12:18 AM (7 hours ago)
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

romanch@bachmusik.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 553 553 sorry, this recipient is not in my validrcptto list (#5.7.1) (state 14).

I guess I will setup a hotmail account  :rolleyes: and try that.

Digresion our specialty!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: June 17, 2009, 03:54:14 PM »
Bret, try bachmusik@bachmusik.com

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #1069 on: June 17, 2009, 04:47:23 PM »
Hey, guys.  Update on a possible gig bag.  I talked with Bruce Johnson (my Scroll Bass arrives next week!), and he's using the RoadRunner Deluxe bags that Guitar Center sells.  These might do the trick for the BaCHbird, and they come in under $50.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 17, 2009, 06:40:03 PM »
I've tried emailing Roman at least 4 times via different methods including Gmail. I either get this lovely message in reply or no reply,
Mail Delivery Subsystem to me
show details 12:18 AM (7 hours ago)
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
romanch@bachmusik.com
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 553 553 sorry, this recipient is not in my validrcptto list (#5.7.1) (state 14).
I guess I will setup a hotmail account  :rolleyes: and try that.

Strange, I emailed him this week for the first time (using Earthlink), and several emails have gone back and forth and an invoice was waiting in my inbox first thing this morning. Roman has emailed me from bachmusik@bachmusik.com as Dave mentioned.
Good luck!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #1071 on: June 19, 2009, 04:42:33 AM »
I plan on going to the bank to pay today, just exactly what kind of transfer do I need to do ?
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #1072 on: June 19, 2009, 05:02:22 AM »
I have some thoughts about these now that my bass is soon to be here. I wanted a white one but it looks like I am getting a black one which was my second choice, I think a black one will look cool as anything onstage ! By all accounts these sound like great basses for the $. I have been playing NRs as my main axe since '77 so I am anxoius to see how these stack up. The NRs were built just to put something on the market and use up parts after Fender complained that the original Firebird/Thunderbird shape infringed on their offset waist design. They were designed and manufactured quickly (who knew the electric guitar fad would last so long ?), they are not Gibsons best work. It is a happy accident that they play and sound so good. I expect the Bach to at least equal the build quality of my 60's NRs if not surpass them. I have several NRs at the moment and I can't wait to A/B the two basses. I am still stunned by the price, I can only imagine what Gibson would charge. I hope this project is a success for Roman, I have often looked at Bachs other basses and liked what I saw. The mahogany Tele bass with the maple neck and the light blue Telebass with the mudbucker,rosewoodboard and blockinlay comes to mind. By everyones reports I have no doubt that I will be impressed with my bass and I am already planning on buying another Bach Bird. So Rob and Roman Thanks for getting this done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 05:13:30 AM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 19, 2009, 08:24:15 AM »
Scott, I don't know if you've already gone to the bank, but if you take a printout of the invoice the bank should be able to get everything they need off of it. Just tell them you need to do an international wire transfer. The guy who did mine had never done one (he was new), and had a few questions for his supervisor, but the software he was using walked him through most of the process. All the names and numbers the bank needs are on the invoice. I think I stressed that this was  going to the Czech Republic. Other than that, they didn't need anything from me. Also, if you can, scan a copy of your receipt from the bank (which should be a copy of what they did) and email that to Roman. If you can't, at least email him to tell him you did the wire (that's what I did). And good luck! I'm sure you'll love the bass.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #1074 on: June 19, 2009, 10:01:49 AM »
Also make sure that the transfer is sent in Euros.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: June 19, 2009, 10:21:32 AM »
Also make sure that the transfer is sent in Euros.

Oops, that's the most important thing!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 19, 2009, 10:26:14 AM »
Yes, B&CH only accepts stable currencies.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 19, 2009, 10:29:20 AM »
Har har! That's ok, the dollar will snap back some time shortly after the 2010 elections...

SNAP!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #1078 on: June 19, 2009, 10:50:27 AM »
What a PITA I was at our bank for over a hour. They said they needed Romans bank address and account # (which I presumed was on the invoice) They said they are manuely going to try and put it through. I can't believe how hard this was. Roman please take paypal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
European Development Aid for the US Consumer Banking System
« Reply #1079 on: June 19, 2009, 11:00:39 AM »
You yanks and your old-fashioned payment by cheque culture crack me up. Wire transfers seem to make you grow grey hairs.  :mrgreen:

B&CH's account details are (as shown on my invoice in the lefthand upper corner):

B&CH Music, s.r.o.

Velkomoravska 87
695 78 Hodonin
Czech Republic

Citibank  SWIFT: CITICZPX

IBAN CZ82 2600 0000 0089 0004 1154

Tel/fax + 420 518 344 430

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...