Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283287 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #1005 on: June 09, 2009, 11:22:59 PM »
 I'll re-post these shots, this is a case for a '76 'Bird, I took the shaped pink fabric covered foam piece out and repositioned the neck support it's OAW is 15 1/2" x 52" OAL, that's to the outside edges.
The bass fits nicely, beats having to buy a new case, I'll do a little clean up on the inside of this one and replace one of the latches..............After I put some time and money in on the bass  ;D

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #1006 on: June 10, 2009, 12:26:32 AM »
I'll repost my pics too. It's an Epiphone case for a Reverse Thunderbird.
I took the shaped polystyren part out and turned it upside down. Reshaped it a bit and then glued back the fur lining.
It's a snug fit.

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 10, 2009, 12:32:10 AM »
I bought Warwicks gigbag, called the rockbag, earlier on, to fit my Embassies. It holds the Bach perfect! Lots of extra space in there too. Cost me like $115.00.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: June 10, 2009, 12:40:13 AM »
I'm liking the white ones best ATM.

I wish BaCH would do a Run of Cherry.

Digresion our specialty!

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 10, 2009, 12:49:12 AM »
Sorry folks! The price tag on the Warwick bag was more in the $50.00 range, now that I've checked. So, what are you gonna do with the extra money that will be left over from my former information? Yeah, you're on the right track! Would do that myself!

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 10, 2009, 08:49:49 AM »
Thanx guys! I heard from Roman. I think comcast does not receive email from europe (or parts there of) very well. Gmail worked but I have to have mail foreward to my regular email.
So if you are having trouble contacting Roman, try a common email acct (hotmail,yahoo,gmail etc) nd link it back to your regular email acct. I use a mioddle name or initial so I can tell wherew it came . you do have to send mail from that other acct though.
My bass is in country BTW :mrgreen:
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

Hornisse

« Reply #1011 on: June 10, 2009, 03:30:06 PM »
Good deal!  What color did you get?  I'm thinking most of the latest batch were black ones, which is my favorite color.  Mine left Czech Republic today so hopefully will arrive in the US soon.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 10, 2009, 03:40:52 PM »
Thanx guys! I heard from Roman. I think comcast does not receive email from europe (or parts there of) very well. Gmail worked but I have to have mail foreward to my regular email.
So if you are having trouble contacting Roman, try a common email acct (hotmail,yahoo,gmail etc) nd link it back to your regular email acct. I use a mioddle name or initial so I can tell wherew it came . you do have to send mail from that other acct though.
My bass is in country BTW :mrgreen:

Not to derail this, but in case you're not aware, you can configure Gmail to retrieve your POP email account.

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 10, 2009, 06:01:45 PM »
Me thinx Black. It dont matter though! :mrgreen:

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 12, 2009, 05:20:05 AM »
There is a box at the USPO for me. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Got it! This is absolutely beautiful!! Ive never played an orig. I like the design .Why they  only made  for a few year is strange(unless it was a law suit)  this thing has some  nadz!!!Nice finish  etc. I have to do some adjusting & check intonation. That red one that shows the grain is a true looker
Thanx to Basvarken, Uwe & all that helped with this project. Worth the wait :mrgreen: ;D :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 09:38:02 AM by shadowcastaz »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 12, 2009, 09:55:19 AM »
I had nothing to do with it!

The Non Revs were a reaction to Fender's lawsuit threat (it was never heard in court), not the reason Leo and his litigators took issue with the Rev design (offset waistline etc). At that point Ted McCarthy was already disappointed with the performance of the original T- and Firebird line, aimed at the Stratocaster and Jazz Bass market, it had nothing of the anticipated sales (it was marketed as the adult guitar and bass line for mature jazz players), yet was more costly to make due to the neck thru construction which ironically Gibson did not mark as something special. So Ted M. Wanted a change anyway and the Fender threat was only an incentive to finally do something. Had the original T- and Firebirds been good sellersn, Gibson would have put up a fight as it did not believe that the arguments from "these Californian upstarts" had any merit. 
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 12, 2009, 10:10:30 AM »
Thanx Uwe,I figured it had to have a back ground like that. Nice to have one in hand finally.M

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #1017 on: June 12, 2009, 10:54:09 AM »
Congrats Mike,
you were one of the first on the list. But one of the last on that list to finally get his BaCHbird.
Hope it lives up to the anticipation ;)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 12:20:09 PM by Basvarken »

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #1018 on: June 12, 2009, 12:05:43 PM »
I had nothing to do with it!

The Non Revs were a reaction to Fender's lawsuit threat (it was never heard in court)

That always strikes me as funny since the non-revs looked so much more like Fenders than the original reverse style.  :D

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 12, 2009, 12:33:08 PM »
There must be a dozen or more that have made it to the US by now.