Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283272 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #975 on: June 04, 2009, 03:06:29 PM »

I had a ratty '76 case in the closet, it's a total Road Warrior!  I removed the foam pad from the end and repositioned the neck support, the bass fits great!  ;)

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Hornisse

« Reply #976 on: June 04, 2009, 03:19:13 PM »
Very nice!  I sent out my wire today so there will be a black bird on the way to Texas soon!  BTW, my Credit Union charged $32 for the wire fees.  I know some paid more and others less.  Still a great deal all around.  Thanks to all involved for making it happen!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #977 on: June 04, 2009, 06:12:19 PM »
I took mine to a jam night tonight.  The house amp is a bit wonky (the guy is running a 350-watt Hartke, with all the mids scooped out, and a 1x18 front-loaded cab).  I brought up some mids, and boosted a little 120hz.  It brought out the Mott in me.   heh-heh
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #978 on: June 05, 2009, 04:45:36 AM »
Hey remember Scott can do that too.

I have had a number of guys asking me about pick guards. Here is what I can do. I can only do the thin w/b/w material (Sorry Mark). About the logo pm me, I won't talk about it in a forum. As of yet I have no way to fit a guard to the Bach bird (I hope that changes soon !) so I think it best for you guys to cut the pickup hole and fit the guard yourselves or have someone do it. The guards are $69.00 each, and that includes a little gift from me ;) I just emailed chromium with a price of $78.00 Joe please ignore that, $69.00 is a special price for the guys in this forum in honor of my beloved '69 Thunderbird  :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 04:52:11 AM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #979 on: June 05, 2009, 08:10:07 AM »
Well, unlike Mark, I have no case that will fit this large headed beast.  :sad: But, as luck would have it, I run a flight case company here outside of Chicago, so I had my very first bass flight case built.  ;D I used our polypropylene material for the panels, rather than wood/laminate, so the case comes in at 29 pounds. I just weighed it with the bass inside and it shows 38.5 pounds. Our price on this case would be $510. I know... it is what it is.  :rolleyes: But, you get what you pay for! IF any forum members are interested, I can do one for $430. There's not a lot of mark up on this stuff..... We can go cheaper if we ditch the fancy fur lining and just do plain foam, but I don't really like to do that. Anyway, just passing it along, not looking to make a buck off you guys!

FYI - so far I have added a late model TB+ with NOS 70s chrome cover, CTS pots, Switchcraft jack (tone control and jack in proper locations), Gibson TRC (piece of tape over BaCH logo), Schaller strap locks (front one behind heck heel), and speed knobs (waiting for chrome caps). I also have a Hipshot D-tuner on order. I'll be leaving the other three tuners for now. Now if I could get Scott to do one of those fine pickguards for me....

I used the BaCH at rehearsal last night, and I have to say again... I am blown away by this bass. I believe this is going to be my new #1. Sounds great, feels great, looks great! If I could get another in Inverness green, I'd buy it.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 05, 2009, 08:23:36 AM »
Nice case & bass. I had a friend who made flight cases out of laminated plywood and they had to weight 60 pounds!!!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #981 on: June 05, 2009, 08:34:54 AM »
Nice case & bass. I had a friend who made flight cases out of laminated plywood and they had to weight 60 pounds!!!

I made a couple in my day.  My road crew HATED the one I did for my old Precision, but the day the truck ran over the case, it was worth it.  A couple of later ones I did for friends were thinner and lighter.  3/4" plywood was a little bit of overkill.   :o
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #982 on: June 05, 2009, 08:47:39 AM »
I made a couple in my day.  My road crew HATED the one I did for my old Precision, but the day the truck ran over the case, it was worth it.  A couple of later ones I did for friends were thinner and lighter.  3/4" plywood was a little bit of overkill.   :o

Yowza! We use 3/8'' Baltic birch with Wilsonart laminate for most of our stuff. This case would be 55 pounds with the birch.

http://www.mtcases.com

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 05, 2009, 09:06:58 AM »
Its hard to beat the pain of carrying a Fender Rhodes around.

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 05, 2009, 09:09:32 AM »
Nice case & bass is right! I was planning on painting mine Inverness green but a from all I have read on the quality of  the Bach finish etc ,Ill prob leave her  B.
 Im going to investigate making a case. Baltic birch is the  way I may go. There is a light MDF but Im not sure about the weight of that .(UGH). I do have an old gibby  explorer case that Ill look to convert. (I think I measured it for GOT at one point  for a Tbird)
I have not heard from Roman since I sent wire. I too was only able to get reply from him through another email address I fortunately had forwarded to my main email. I also sent a copy of my wire to him.
GOT, a pg with a gift may be in my future. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #985 on: June 05, 2009, 09:23:26 AM »

Awww..........This case is SO pretty..........I wanna have sex with it!  :gay:

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 05, 2009, 11:42:01 AM »
Ewwww!Sticky black-poly fur! :o
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #987 on: June 05, 2009, 11:51:04 AM »
Awww..........This case is SO pretty..........I wanna have sex with it!  :gay:

It IS pretty plush! The official industry term is "panda fur". But rest assured, no pandas were harmed in the making of this case.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 05, 2009, 12:45:27 PM »
Tom, When i get some cash...I may just take you up on a case or two for my 2 '65 birds. We still have to hook up so you can try my NR 8 string and I try your Rick 8, plus...I'm building a NR Korina Thunderbird II 8 string.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #989 on: June 06, 2009, 08:09:35 AM »
Still no word from Roman, My email is a roadrunner acout didn't someone say they had trouble with that ?
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird