Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283278 times)

hollowbody

• Been working in the Kremlin with a two headed dog.
    • View Profile
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #930 on: May 27, 2009, 01:11:08 PM »
A little blue bird landed on my doorstep today! I just happen to have my big rig set up in the living room, so neighbors cover your ears!  More later.

hollowbody

• Been working in the Kremlin with a two headed dog.
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 27, 2009, 06:57:53 PM »
I never thought about until I took this picture, but this bass looks right at home with my Acoustic amp.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the BBird.  I might do a slight fret dressing, as some of the upper frets feel rough when bending.  The neck is a little thinner than I'm used to but I'll adjust quickly.

The tuners feel fine to me so no need to switch them out.  I noticed a little slipping on the G string, but the string only wraps around the post once.

As far as the pickup goes, I'm pleasantly surprised.  It seems slightly scooped in the mids but not to the extreme.  I could easily see playing on it as is with no worries if I didn't have an original 60's pup to put in.

Maybe down the line I'll have to get a black one, if only to put the soon to be extra Artec in it.  ;D

Cheers to Rob and all of you who made this great venture possible !!!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup: :toast: :thumbsup:

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #932 on: May 27, 2009, 11:17:25 PM »
Cool!
Congrats  :toast:

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #933 on: May 28, 2009, 07:26:55 AM »
I wonder if they will do a third run and if they will do an IV ?

What color would be next?

A metallic either Inverness green or Pelham Blue would be cool

justinmc

• View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 28, 2009, 11:09:41 AM »
Oh yeah, I'd sign up for a IV!

I wonder if they will do a third run and if they will do an IV ?

What color would be next?

A metallic either Inverness green or Pelham Blue would be cool

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 28, 2009, 12:16:13 PM »
If there is demand I do not see why he would not do another run. At such a great price people are getting two of them!

Certainly that says something about doing a IV version.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #936 on: May 28, 2009, 12:52:58 PM »
I'd be very tempted on a IV, but I'm waiting to see if Dingwall moves forward on their Thunderbird model.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

bachmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 01, 2009, 07:27:55 AM »
Hi guys . I´d like say something to these guys - Matthew K., Eric S. , Julian H. , Mike G. . Robert D.L.C. , Scott , Matt H. , Bart P.
We will have to cancel Your invoices and to offer the basses to other players.
You all have got the Invoices and no reply no payment.

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 01, 2009, 07:31:47 AM »
Hey I never got an invoice!!!!!!!! I have sent many recent emails and no response from Roman!
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

angrymatt

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 01, 2009, 09:30:39 AM »
Roman, I have sent you one to your email already, and am sending you another one right now.  The invoice stated that the last day for payment was the 4th of June, and I intend to have it posted before then.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #940 on: June 01, 2009, 09:31:53 AM »
Keep trying.  Mark had problems receiving his invoice, and managed to get it worked out.

Also, don't forget that there is a time involved in getting payment to B & CH Music.  The last day of payment on the invoice may be the day they need to RECEIVE the payment rather than the day you SEND it.  I think my payment took 2-3 days to make it to their account.  One thing I did was to send Roman a copy of my wire transfer, so they would know when and how I made payment.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 01, 2009, 12:28:11 PM »
Mr Postman knocked on my door today. Guess what he had to say? Tomorrow, Tuesday afternoon, the package from Bach will reach my post office! It took almost two weeks to get here. Now it's only 18 hours away. This piece will be my first New Bass since September 1964. That time it was a violin Hofner. By then the Non Rev was just a twink in Gibsons eye. The story will continue... hopefully tomorrow!

Hornisse

« Reply #942 on: June 01, 2009, 07:21:36 PM »
Roman,  I've probably sent you 5 emails in the past 2 weeks with no invoice arriving.  Try my other email address which is hornetamx1 (at) aol (dot) com.  You will have to substitute the two words in parenthesis with the @ and . respectively.  I do want the bass but just have not received anything other than your original email back in January.

Robert D.L.C.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #943 on: June 01, 2009, 09:12:48 PM »

And I have a note from the Post Office today as well..........

My Black Bird had landed, I'll pick it up tomorrow.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 02, 2009, 07:01:58 AM »
FINALLY. After several emails yesterday to Roman ,I was having my coffee and  I got a couple emails from  Roman. Im going to the bank today. :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:15:19 AM by shadowcastaz »
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed