Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283271 times)

angrymatt

• View Profile
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #915 on: May 25, 2009, 01:45:57 AM »
Got my invoice today.  Getting a black one.  I'm thinking tort pg and gold witch hat knobs before all is said and done.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

Rikkimax

• View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 25, 2009, 06:32:26 PM »
Dear Basvarken and BaCH Brothers:

Warning.  It's a good thing that the Epiphone case that Basvarken received (and customized) for his BaCHbird was the one made with a cutout specifically for a "reverse" Thunderbird.  The guy at the Basvarken's store was indeed wrong (but not just for the reason mentioned).  The Epiphone Thunderbird case that DOES NOT HAVE the specific cutout for a "reverse" (i.e. the one with just an open rectangular space for the bass body) DOES NOT FIT the BaCHbird.  It is too short.  The Epi case made with a specific cutout for a "reverse" T-Bird is longer, and will fit a BaCHbird, if customized.

I too wanted a hardshell case to protect my BaCHbird, so I went to my local music store to purchase an Epi T-Bird case with the "open retangular space" for the body.  Upon inspection, it was immediately clear that the BaCHbird was too long for the case.

Fortunately, I already owned a hardshell case for my Epiphone Reverse Thunderbird that had the specific "reverse" cutout.  I was therefore able to use the new "rectangular space" case for my "reverse" Epi T-Bird bass, and I will customize my old "reverse" cutout case to use with the BaCHbird, as Basvarken did so beautifully and effectively.

Hope this saves you guys some possible headaches.  Please make sure that any Epiphone T-bird case that you order or purchase for your BaCHbird is one that has the cutout for a "reverse" T-Bird.

I ordered an Epiphone Thunderbird case for the BaCHbird the other day. I had to because it doesn't fit in any of the cases nor gig bags I have...
The guy at the store assured me the case would fit a Non Reverse Thunderbird. The right dimensions, etc. And from the pictures I saw I did not forsee any problems.

Yesterday the case arrived. Of course the guy of the store was wrong.
It had a shaped interior. Shaped for the Reverse Thunderbrid. The case in the pics was not shaped...

So I had two options:
1- send it back and start the quest for a case all over again.
2- take out the toolbox...

So I took out the toolbox and took out the compartment of the body. Tore off the plush. Cut the polystyren to shape. And glued it all back together again.

So now it fits:

« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 08:20:03 AM by Rikkimax »
I got blistahs on ma fingahs !!!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #917 on: May 25, 2009, 07:17:44 PM »
So what options do we have for cases and/or gig bags?  I used my Ibanez gig bag this week-end.  It's about 2-3" too short, but generally does a pretty good job.

My wife wants to buy me a case for my birthday this year, but wants to pick it out herself.  I need a little help on this one.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Rikkimax

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 25, 2009, 07:29:17 PM »
I would say that one option would be to go to a reputable music store and see what they have in stock.  If they don't have anything, I would ask them to call their Epiphone contact to special order a case specifically with the "reverse" cutout.  That is how I got my original "reverse" cutout case for my Epi T-Bird, although at that time I didn't order it one way or the other, as it didn't matter to me what type of case that I got from them (either reverse cutout or "open")...  I wouldn't try to do it through an online store, as they generally can't check their stock before shipping to confirm what you would be getting!
I got blistahs on ma fingahs !!!

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 25, 2009, 09:36:41 PM »
I love reading this thread and am now completely GASing for a BaCHbird.

Regarding cases. I had a huge drama trying to get a case for my Epi Explorer bass.

I found a shop (Epi dealer) here in Oz that actually knew how to custom order the cases from Epi. I found about 5 or 6 Epi dealers that did not. It still took 3 goes before I got the right size and shape but the internal section was divided into 2 sections only. ie the neck area and the body area. The body area is not moulded to the body shape. Its just a padded rectangle. The pointy bits rest against the padded sides so it doesnt move around at all.
I would guess that the BaCHbird will need a bit more than this.

Either way I guess this just confirms that you can custom order Epi cases. Hope thats helpful.
Digresion our specialty!

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 26, 2009, 03:51:06 AM »
I know a BC Rich Warlock padded Gig bag works for mine.

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 26, 2009, 05:48:40 AM »
Another week and still no love for NH!!!
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 26, 2009, 09:29:56 AM »
The Bachbird will fit in an Epi Explorer bass case. It will fit very snugly into an Epi Non Rev case, but those are rare. It will fit in a Ritter Rev gig bag if turned face down into it.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 26, 2009, 10:40:07 AM »
There's no bass that I cannot fit in my warwick gigbag. It may be expensive, but its extermely well-made. It could survive a nuclear war. I call it "corpse gig-bag" because of its monstrous size..

http://www.thomann.de/gr/warwickrockbag_rb20620bplus.htm
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #924 on: May 27, 2009, 08:12:14 AM »

As of today mine is in transit..........

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I need to visit with Mike Lull over the weekend and track down a pick up and see if he'll cut a white pearloid PG based on Rob's PDF.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #925 on: May 27, 2009, 08:28:43 AM »
Hey, Mark.  You should A/B the BaCH vs. the Lull for us.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 27, 2009, 08:37:06 AM »
Hey, Mark.  You should A/B the BaCH vs. the Lull for us.

$400 VS $4,000 bass would be entertaining!

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #927 on: May 27, 2009, 09:13:48 AM »

$400 VS $4,000 bass would be entertaining!

It's a scary thing to say..................But my Lull was actually a 5400.00 bass.
Based on what all you that have them already I'm sure I will like the BaCH very much after it's had a Lull pup installed along with some new pots (I think I'll give this a try!) I daresay most folks won't be able to tell the difference between the two...............
I'll see what I can do about an A/B test, I don't currently have the means but our guitarist might.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #928 on: May 27, 2009, 09:22:35 AM »

I need to visit with Mike Lull over the weekend and track down a pick up and see if he'll cut a white pearloid PG based on Rob's PDF.
Hey remember Scott can do that too.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #929 on: May 27, 2009, 09:24:07 AM »

You're right!

And better yet too  ;)