Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283290 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #900 on: May 23, 2009, 10:20:07 AM »
Okay, how many have made it to the US? Gary, George, Tom (gearhed) mojo hobo, Low End Theorist, that's five, and Mark's has been invoiced and paid. Anyone else?

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 23, 2009, 10:24:05 AM »
At this point I don't know that they have a bird to sell me all are spoken for, I presume this is in stock. I am mad at myself for taking my name off the list but I was out of work for so long I didn't see a end in sight, I didn't want to have the extra bill hanging over my head.

Don't give up hope yet.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #902 on: May 23, 2009, 11:38:49 AM »
I put a couple of witch hats on mine, and decided I'm going to gig with it tonight using the D'Addario Nickels that came with it.  I'll report back in the morning.  I also have to do my "Tom Petersson" strap lock on it - an oversized washer on the outside of the actual strap button.  The strap keeps wanting to jump off the bass.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #903 on: May 23, 2009, 01:03:40 PM »
 I do they same thing for strap lock when I can't find the Bill Lawrence leather ones !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

hollowbody

• Been working in the Kremlin with a two headed dog.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 23, 2009, 01:05:24 PM »
There's a sonic blue one in transit with my name on it.  The wire transfer fee was only $20, which is much easier to take than the $75 that was brought up earlier.

As soon as I get pickguard material I'll put in a 60's pickup.  The artec just looks out of place to me.

hollowbody

• Been working in the Kremlin with a two headed dog.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 23, 2009, 01:12:07 PM »
A question for those who have received their bass, how are the tuners?  Are they solid or has anyone replaced them?

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 23, 2009, 01:14:35 PM »
The tuners seem solid on mine.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 23, 2009, 02:24:36 PM »
The tuners aren't as firm yet creamy as good tuners would be, but they do the job better than worn out sixties original TB tuners would.

All those intent on tearing out the Aectec pup at first sight: Give the little bugger a chance, I like its sound, not as phat as a TB Plus, but it has a nice slight scoop in the mids which goes well with the overall sound characteristic of the bass. I think the much thinner neck has more to do with the sound difference to a sixties TB Non Rev than the Arctec pup.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 04:03:01 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #908 on: May 23, 2009, 03:09:24 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A vain attempt to keep me from installing a chrome Lull pup in mine - it'll cost more than the bass  ;D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 23, 2009, 03:10:04 PM »
I like too how this artec sounds. I already got a pair of those Artecs (but in BLACK PLASTIC) to install in my Epi Tbird. HELL YEAH!
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #910 on: May 24, 2009, 08:54:53 AM »
A question for those who have received their bass, how are the tuners?  Are they solid or has anyone replaced them?

They look kind of cheesy and I found myself tuning more than usual at the gig the other night. Pretty sure I'll be putting some Hipshot Ultralights and a D tuner on there soon.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #911 on: May 24, 2009, 06:51:38 PM »
Well, I christened the Bird last night.  I can only echo what everyone has been saying - great bass!  It plays and sounds just great right out of the box.   The tuners do feel a little looser than I'm used to, but I didn't have to tune it too much.  Considering there was no A/C in the club last night, and it was up in the nineties inside, I'd say that was a pretty good acid test.  I should have some pics available later from our MySpace page.  I'd say this bass was well worth the wait.

Oh, and I did christen the bass right.  I already have my first cymbal ding in the headstock.  My old Embassy was riddled with them by the time I sold it.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 24, 2009, 06:53:08 PM »
All good reviews so far.

Rikkimax

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 24, 2009, 10:00:13 PM »
I have one too!   Very happy!  --Rikkimax 

Okay, how many have made it to the US? Gary, George, Tom (gearhed) mojo hobo, Low End Theorist, that's five, and Mark's has been invoiced and paid. Anyone else?
I got blistahs on ma fingahs !!!

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #914 on: May 25, 2009, 01:41:01 AM »
I have no complaints about the tuners on my BaCHbird.
As far as I can see they're exactly the same as the ones on my Epi JCS.

I'd choose them any time over the tuners on the 7ender Road Worn Jazz ($ 1570!) that I have at home right now. Those are horrible.