Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283282 times)

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #855 on: May 19, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »
I don't think name order on the original 'list' has anything to do with the order of shipping or selling these basses. That any of this came together is a small miracle. BaCH began shipping to those it could easily ship to and is branching out from there. I was among the first few who originally tried to get this ball rolling almost two years ago at the Dudepit and was definitely that early on the 'list'. I'm pretty sure I originally planned on getting three right off the bat, but the only reason I got these two yesterday is that my name finally came up on Roman's list (and even then it took a couple tries) and two was all I could afford at the moment. I don't know that these are flying out their doors other than for those people either on Roman's list or who have emailed him directly and gotten a response. Last I saw, there was no price listed for the TH-1 on their website (unlike all the other guitars and basses there). Am I right in thinking there were at least 50 basses made so far? If so, I'm sure they haven't sold near that many yet so I'd bet that those who want one will get one eventually.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 19, 2009, 03:40:18 PM »
All I had to do to get mine is mumble something about "unsettled border issues that need to be looked into" ...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 03:47:16 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Low End Theorist

• View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 19, 2009, 06:01:19 PM »
Report:  this bass is awesome.

angrymatt

• View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 19, 2009, 10:41:49 PM »
I haven't heard from Roman since 22 April.  So I checked my spam folder to see if I missed anything.  Nope.  Now I just feel inadequate and undermedicated.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

Low End Theorist

• View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 19, 2009, 11:30:27 PM »
I think for every 2-3 emails I sent, I received one response.
Not sure if it helped but I also kept my messages short and simple with key words like "Yes, please send invoice"
and "did you receive payment?  When will bass ship?"

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #860 on: May 20, 2009, 04:57:16 AM »
My bass entered Customs in NY last night.  Shouldn't be long now! I might have this in time to gig with it this week-end.   ;D
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 20, 2009, 05:05:19 AM »
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 20, 2009, 08:23:07 AM »
"I don't think name order on the original 'list' has anything to do with the order of shipping or selling these basses."

No Shit!!!
I have sent  at least 4 or 5 unanswered email to our friend Roman! the last response from him was at the holidays when I wished them happy holidays. I dont think the area of shipping to the US should make a difference.

"So I checked my spam folder to see if I missed anything.  Nope.  Now I just feel inadequate and undermedicated".

Ditto!

Uwe is there an unmanned  blimp or slow moving air craft you could send on my behalf to drop off 4Kg. sausage and some pilsner to the BaCH crew so they at least send me an email saying they got my email . :mrgreen:
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #863 on: May 20, 2009, 09:31:26 AM »
Report:  this bass is awesome.

+1! I could seriously see this thing becoming my #1. Droppin in a TB+ tonight. Might add a kill switch eventually as I like to do the Townsend/Frehley stuttering feedback thing a lot.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #864 on: May 20, 2009, 11:16:00 AM »
Great Tom.  :toast:
That was the whole idea; a good -yet affordable- basis for everybody to start off. And then modify it, each to his own liking.

Has anyone been planning a nitro refin yet?

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 20, 2009, 11:18:48 AM »
I think for every 2-3 emails I sent, I received one response.
Not sure if it helped but I also kept my messages short and simple with key words like "Yes, please send invoice"
and "did you receive payment?  When will bass ship?"

This was my experience as well. I don't know whether they use a translator program or if Roman has some English speaking skills, so I've tried to keep it really simple.

bachmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 21, 2009, 04:30:03 AM »
Hi Guys ,
I am really very sorry for my delay with reply You but be sure I keep in "shity" busy every day.
How I can see there is many things to explaining .
Mark and Mike will get Invoices today because of  the Time progression .
I am innocent in that sometimes . I do not do the Invoice job.
I get 50 business mails daily and some deals need me for a day.
Guys I am ready to solve anything with You and pls do not be worry to send me a mail.
I hope in the most possitive cooperation among us.
Take care and don´t be angry on me and don´t call me "You fu...." , You know. :) :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 21, 2009, 06:00:09 AM »
I think all here appreciate all you have done in making a "Dream bass" a reality.

For some the dream can not get here soon enough!

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 21, 2009, 06:06:08 AM »
Sorry if I missed it but is there a 3rd colour?
Digresion our specialty!

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 21, 2009, 06:12:13 AM »
So there is! The first ones were white, while the later ones are either black or sonic blue, with white pickguard.