Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283273 times)

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #840 on: May 15, 2009, 05:31:09 PM »
It's here! A note from the mailman saying "sorry we missed you".  :-[

Oh well, tomorrow I guess. I don't think I'll be bold enough to use it at tomorrow's gig, but I think it will come out with me next Thursday.  ;D

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 18, 2009, 07:45:11 PM »
So I heard a knock on the door this morning...

The boys were more excited than I was and each claimed a bass as I opened the packages. The older one grabbed the blue one first off (so I guess I won't be selling it). The younger one claimed the white one as soon as he saw it, so at least I won't have to settle a fight as to who gets which one! I guess I should take comfort in the fact that they'll let the old man have use of them for at least a few years...  ;)

The shipping boxes were taped together and bubble wrapped in and out. Somewhere along the way they took a few good hits at the small end and the blue one has a few small nicks in the end of the headstock (shallow, not through the paint). Nothing to be worried over as that spot would probably look the same after a few gigs anyway. I'm extremely impressed with these basses. Even for twice the money they'd be a great deal. I haven't plugged them in yet, so there's more to look into before my final opinion is logged, but so far I'm one happy Thunderbird fan. This is the coolest custom order I've ever been involved with, and I'm really excited that everyone who could did their part to make this come together. It's hard to believe this started as far back as it did, but the wait was worth it!

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #842 on: May 18, 2009, 08:11:45 PM »
Picked mine up at the post office this morning. I love it! The neck is seriously great. Super slim. Reminds me a little of my 4001CS. Fret work seems good. I immediately mounted a strap lock at the heel of the neck. It balances a million times better that way. Also got the Gibson TRC on there and swapped the output jack and tone pot to their proper locations. As far as the tone - it's not really working for me. The Artec pup has an EMG kind of sound. I'll be putting a TB+ on there ASAP, probably eventually followed by a second. But that's all good. This thing can't be beat for the money. It's too bad they're not more readily available. I would definitely recommend one to someone looking for an affordable but decent instrument. And it's a great foundation for custom projects. Thanks to everyone involved! Oh and I love the fact that it's called a TH-1.  :P

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #843 on: May 19, 2009, 12:18:48 AM »
Congrats Tom & George!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #844 on: May 19, 2009, 07:28:40 AM »
For all us Statesiders, the tracking number can be searched on the USPS site.  I already know that my bass left Praha on May 16.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 19, 2009, 07:56:31 AM »
More happy bass owners and more on the way. It's been a learning experience all around and it's finally coming to pass.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #846 on: May 19, 2009, 08:29:43 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

This is what showed up in my email this A.M.
All this time I've be patient, not bugging him just wanting an invoice.
Friggin sucks!

Mark We had to canceled Your order because You have been silence.
BaCH Music , Czech

This was my reply to his last email to me.........

Hello Roman,

Thank you for the note, I think the EMS service would work very well for
me. When you have a total amount for the bass and the shipping please let me
know and I will do a bank wire transfer, or any method of payment you wish.
Thanks for your help with the bass!

Sincerely, 

Mark Hills
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 19, 2009, 09:02:11 AM »
Well, don't just stand there, do something! Send him an email. I'm sure they'll make another batch. At twice the price, but that is how capitalism works.  :)

Silence is generally something I do not associate with you, Fräulein Rommel.  :-*
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 19, 2009, 09:25:33 AM »
Mark, they 'canceled' my order too but sent a second invoice when I let them know I was ready to pay. I'm sure some of it gets lost in cultural translation, but I'm sure they'd be happy to sell you a bass once they get the money. I'll bet your reply gets answered soon. Good luck and if you don't hear from him after a few days send another one!  ;)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #849 on: May 19, 2009, 09:53:03 AM »
Mark, definitely keep trying.  It could be that the invoice never got to you, or it wound up in your Spam folder.  Considering all the anticipation for this bass, I was surprised when Roman mentioned a number of people who hadn't responded to the invoice.  Be persistent, and I'm sure when they understand you're ready to pay, they'll send a new invoice.

Roman, you there?  We need a little help from you on this.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #850 on: May 19, 2009, 09:54:03 AM »
 I did send him a note right away........

He's never sent an invoice or given me a total of any kind, much less a bank to send it to......
So it's rather frustrating.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

eshears

• View Profile
    • Go Shears!
« Reply #851 on: May 19, 2009, 12:35:11 PM »
This is not very encouraging to me, either, since I haven't heard from Roman in a month.  His last e-mail to me was explaining the shipping issues and costs, to which I replied that everything was fine and please send an invoice.  Anyway, I've just e-mailed Roman again (with my fingers crossed) letting him know that I'm still interested.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #852 on: May 19, 2009, 01:07:23 PM »
 I have emailed him twice to try and get back in. What a dumbass I was for backing out. The basses look great !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 19, 2009, 01:23:50 PM »
what a dumb ass i was for being in the first 20 or so!!! Some get 2 others......... ???
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 19, 2009, 01:41:06 PM »
Obviously I spoke too soon.  :-[