Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283278 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #660 on: April 19, 2009, 10:35:15 PM »

Well,

No manual transmission for me thanks anyway.............But I do like trucks, this one is a 1940 GMC 6x6 that was repatriated from Norway, owned by our singer......
And Eastern Washington does have some rather arid parts, very scenic - you can drive about 2 hours east of rainy Seattle and be in the desert and amongst some fascinating geological locations. Here's a couple links to that part of the state, I was born in a small town in the northeast corner named Colville.
 http://www.cornforthimages.com/Galleries/Landscape/Washington/Columbia%20Basin.htm
http://hugefloods.com/Basalt.html

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 19, 2009, 11:38:59 PM »
Thank you for those links, Mark! Most interesting, really nice, and exciting, pictures. Hope to go there some day. Seattle and that whole area is popular amongst us northerners in Europe.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 20, 2009, 04:21:45 AM »
Wow some of those pics are beautiful Mark
Digresion our specialty!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 20, 2009, 05:41:51 AM »
Well,

No manual transmission for me thanks anyway.............But I do like trucks, this one is a 1940 GMC 6x6 that was repatriated from Norway, owned by our singer......
And Eastern Washington does have some rather arid parts, very scenic - you can drive about 2 hours east of rainy Seattle and be in the desert and amongst some fascinating geological locations. Here's a couple links to that part of the state, I was born in a small town in the northeast corner named Colville.
 http://www.cornforthimages.com/Galleries/Landscape/Washington/Columbia%20Basin.htm

Entertainment for the troops?
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 20, 2009, 08:17:02 AM »
Sehr schön, but what's with the candle?  ???

It's something orthodox christians do on easter, go to church with a candle. I'm not at all religious man, I'd say I'm towards atheism, but I go to church for the fun of it.
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 20, 2009, 10:04:01 AM »
Hey, as a Catholic I know all about Easter candles! But why was the candle photograhed beside the bass? I thought you were trying to say something with it, color match etc ...

Wait a minute, you tried to suggest that fasting/Lenten season is over and that it is alright now to immerse yourself in the gluttony of a Bachbird!  ;)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 20, 2009, 10:57:13 AM »
I dont know if Non reverse will work for you Mark, your such a "reverse" type guy/gal. Non reverse has a dated vintage vibe to it.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #667 on: April 20, 2009, 11:19:12 AM »
 *If* it ever shows up, I'll make it work  ;D

I have a "chroming" project underway to help occupy my needs.

I'm still in the "tease me with an email" holding pattern with Roman @ BaCH.
I've had boyfriends/girlfriends that were stingy.........but wow, it's like the GAS blueballs...... ;) 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 12:31:42 PM by TBird1958 »
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #668 on: April 20, 2009, 11:35:15 AM »
I thought the candle was a Marilyn Chambers tribute...
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 20, 2009, 11:42:45 AM »
Compelling. But that pic wasn't provided by Mark so some benefit of doubt must be allowed.

eshears

• View Profile
    • Go Shears!
« Reply #670 on: April 20, 2009, 12:06:48 PM »
Well,

Hey Mark...I lived the 1st 33 years of my life in Spokane, WA (not that far from Colville) before moving to London in November.  I miss it already!

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #671 on: April 20, 2009, 02:37:49 PM »

Spokane to London?! Talk about culture shock!!!!!!!!!    :o

The Okanogan country is beautiful, Washington State is quite remarkable, in that you can go from Rain Forest to Mild wet to Desert and Semi Arid Forest in about 400 miles, to say nothing of the geology - esp on the east side.     
 Just a pleasant 80 miles from Colville to Spokane.......I need to make a road trip east of the mountains this year, it's been far too long. I'll know I'm in my birthplace because there's a large letter "C" underneath a white cross on one of the hills above town   :)

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 20, 2009, 11:49:59 PM »
Compelling. But that pic wasn't provided by Mark so some benefit of doubt must be allowed.

So you're saying I'm leaning towards Mark-ism?
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 21, 2009, 12:29:44 AM »
Naw, of course not, just a fervent Mary Magdalena Chambers believer!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #674 on: April 21, 2009, 05:45:20 AM »
Just got an email from Roman.  It appears that they have shipping to the US figured out.  I've got a shipping cost of 85 euros, and am waiting for final payment instructions.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty