Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283272 times)

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #390 on: January 21, 2009, 03:54:21 PM »
I was one of the first that wanted that thing, but got nothing yet. Seems like czechs dont like sunshine.
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

angrymatt

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 21, 2009, 08:02:42 PM »
I got the same email chromium got today.  Anyone know of any way to do the bank transfer thing they're talking about over the internet?  I'm going to be very far away from my bank until September.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 21, 2009, 08:30:47 PM »
No email for me. If my memory serves I was among the first few to sign up. Oh well. Here's hoping it'll work out...

Rikkimax

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 21, 2009, 08:59:34 PM »
To All BaCHbirdmen (and Gals!):

I am embarrassed to report that somehow I got an e-mail from Roman at Bach telling me to be patient, and that my bass was likely coming sometime at the end of February or March.

I was the second to the last on the overflow list sent out by Rob (although maybe they work from the bottom of the list going up in the Czech Republic), so I really think that a lot of you should be way ahead of me on this.

I hope that this means that Bach is making more than 50, but my gut feeling is that it is just a mistake.  I am just going to stay laid back and see what happens.  I will keep everyone informed, because I don't want anyone to get pissed at me for getting ahead of them on the list.  Hopefully, in the end, there will be enough for all.  Best regards, Rikkimax
I got blistahs on ma fingahs !!!

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 21, 2009, 09:02:03 PM »
Anyone know of any way to do the bank transfer thing they're talking about over the internet?  I'm going to be very far away from my bank until September.

The bank has to witness your signature to initiate a wire.  I think there is a way that you can go in and provide them the beneficiary info (BaCH's bank, IBAN number, etc...) and your signature, and they can set it up so you can initiate recurring/repetitive wires over the phone without having to physically go into the bank each time.  Even though you are only planning to send one payment to BaCH, this might be a way to stage things so you can send the money telephonically later on when you are out of the country.

angrymatt

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 21, 2009, 10:10:22 PM »
Thanks man.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #396 on: January 21, 2009, 10:26:09 PM »

As of late today, I finally got some email from Roman. I was up the list too. Strange.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Low End Theorist

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 21, 2009, 10:54:51 PM »
I just got the same email from Roman.
Not sure where I placed on the list, but I'm pretty sure that I was one of the first to fill an empty spot when switching over to the Czech BaCH plan.

I replied to Roman, thanking him for making contact and that I was looking forward to the completion of the order, etc.
I also requested the total price including shipping, when my order is ready.

Are all the U.S. BaCHbirdmen on this forum?

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 21, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »
His second sentence does say "If You are forefront on the list." I'm not quite sure whether that means he's apologizing if you were high up and didn't get one, or that you'll be able to get them at the end of February or March if you were high up. Or are they now going to be making enough for everybody on the list?

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 21, 2009, 11:36:38 PM »
Haven't heard a word from Bach, even though I know I'm on the list. Wrote them an email couple of month ago, have not heard a word from them in reply. Wonder if the best thing to do, would be to let Roman write his letters in Czech, and then we should have someone translate the letter. That way it would be less risk for misunderstanding Romans words. But where to get a translater?
Maybe it's more exciting to just see what happens? Still, it's mighty strange that some of us gets email from Bach, without being on the list, while others - on the list - don't get a word. But, as Leon Russel once put it: We are strangers in a strange land...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 22, 2009, 09:00:29 AM »
I did finally get the same aforementioned email from him.  I'm giving up my place on the list, so some of you should move up!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 22, 2009, 10:39:42 AM »
....Or are they now going to be making enough for everybody on the list?

I would think if they are going to be making 10 at a time it would make sense to satisfy all those interested.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #402 on: January 22, 2009, 10:45:34 AM »

Lets take up a collection and parachute Uwe in to *encourage* progress in that nice German way.  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 22, 2009, 11:00:46 AM »
I dunno.  The Czechs had a nice Bohemian way of treating the Volks Deutsch in the summer of 45!

I hope this works out, and I would love to see one of these get on a plane and get over here.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

rockinrayduke

« Reply #404 on: January 22, 2009, 01:22:28 PM »
So.......when everything's said and done, how much to get one of these to the US?