Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283286 times)

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #165 on: December 01, 2008, 02:49:22 AM »
Has anyone heard anything from the Bach company? Anyone got his/hers bass yet? I've heard nothing so far, and the days keep rolling on. Was I born under a wandering star?

Same here.
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2008, 04:57:36 AM »
It bugs the hell out of me that BaCH still has not sent most of you guys an email.

So I sent them an email about the BaCHbird. Here's what they replied:

Hi Rob ,

Your bass was sent last week.
We fully respect to our customers . They are We and We are They. No business without customers.
We were not able to contact them last week if I promised You that.
Now is monday and We are pretty busy now.
I beg our guys to contact rest of guys from Your list asap.

Take care Rob .
Roman

BaCH Music , Czech

Hey Roman,

there are still lots of people from all over the world (including some in the Netherlands) that haven't heard from BaCH yet.

I am not going to beg you to sell the instruments. It should be the other way around.
Remember these people are customers!
In The Netherlands we have the saying: Customer is King...

Rob

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 01, 2008, 05:05:48 AM »
Nothing here.  If someone would like to take my place in line, they are welcome!  I've been spending my money on other things!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

bostonguitarrepair

• View Profile
    • My Blog, The Guitar Garage
« Reply #168 on: December 01, 2008, 07:57:26 PM »
Haven't heard anything yet either Rob, but I can be patient - just don't want them to sell out before I get one !! :)

krishna

Low End Theorist

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 01, 2008, 08:23:19 PM »
Nice one Rob.  Can't argue with that logic.
I'm with Krishna - patient but really hoping that they don't all vanish.

Bass VI

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 01, 2008, 10:15:50 PM »
I'm still hangin' on!

:mrgreen:
There was nothing in the world
That I ever wanted more
Than to feel you deep in my heart
There was nothing in the world
That I ever wanted more
Than to never feel the breaking apart
All my pictures of you

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2008, 01:17:25 AM »
Nothing here.  If someone would like to take my place in line, they are welcome!  I've been spending my money on other things!

Come on, we waited 2,5 years and we can also wait two weeks longer! They are on their way!!

Rikkimax

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2008, 07:03:12 PM »
Bill:

I would be more than happy to take your place in line, but I know that there were some others in front of me. 
I don't want to cut in improperly, but I am still very interested in getting one of these things.

If by chance a bachbird arrives at your doorstep, I will be glad to buy it off you if no one ahead of me on the list wants it.   If I can figure out how to move up on the list fairly, I would do that too!

Rob, are you by chance keeping track of who is still in and who is out, or are you sick of that role???

I got blistahs on ma fingahs !!!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2008, 07:22:19 PM »
I'm not speaking for Rob, but I can only imagine that if someone on the list of the first 50 drops out, then the 51st person will have the opportunity, and so on.

If it gets to my spot on the "reserve list" I'll have to pass.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2008, 08:06:01 PM »
Yeah, I've got so many irons in the fire, I really don't have the cash for one now. So, I'll send a note to Rob and make sure he knows.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Rikkimax

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2008, 09:04:20 PM »
I may be crazy, but I am still in if my name pops up to the top of the list.  Poor Rob's head must be spinning if he is trying to keep track of all of this!
I got blistahs on ma fingahs !!!

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2008, 03:05:12 AM »
As we all know, the good folks in Dutch can more than fix a bass from both scratch and abroad! So here's to Rob and all of us to enjoy:
I might have sent this link before. If so; enjoy again. And don't give up just because you think this Gibsonites are a bit slow in the start. They'll soon be both rocking and rolling!

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #177 on: December 03, 2008, 03:09:01 AM »
I still think this is crazy:

Rob's busy with this project for over two years. Doing research, finding and making pics and sending them, collecting measurements and sending them, keep in touch about prototypes and just doing an awful lot of work making this happen. The last couple of years he kept us updated about everything and he answered all our complains. A hard job, but he did a great job!! He also thought about quiting for some times, but he went through, also because we all believed in a nice result and because he already did so much work.

Now after 2,5 years the bass is there. We all made commitments to Rob and people who are getting mailed a bit late (what's two weeks on two years!?!!?) are just canceling like if it's just normal. We all made a commitment to Rob. It's a very cheap bass. And what would a guitar shop say if you cancell something ordered? I just don't get it. Instead of thanking Rob people just cancel their bass. I don't get it.

Sorry for sounding a bit angry.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 03, 2008, 03:45:42 AM »
This project got much farther than I ever anticipated it to get - ever the cynic. And it's all down to Rob's shrewd persistency in the face of mounting odds - dogged little Dutchman he is. Now we'll go that extra mile too. The Sudetenland wasn't liberated in a day and brought home into ze Reich either. Well, almost.  ;)

I'm on the waiting list and I'll gladly take one should I have the chance. To compare with my existing real Non Revs and I will not change a thing on it. With 19 TBird'ish basses (Epiphones, Orvilles and an Embassy included), I don't need a 20th one though. So if there is someone sans any Non Rev in his present collection who's wetting his panties to have one of these, he can have mine should I move up far enough in the line.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2008, 06:16:35 AM »
If needed, I can search for extra buyers. At this price, that would be a piece of cake. But I don't think it will be necessary, alot of people (including me) want desperately this piece of czech woodworking craftmanship.
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.