Author Topic: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds  (Read 266056 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds
« Reply #1605 on: November 17, 2021, 04:55:54 PM »

New song by Slash and Myles Kennedy.

I think that is Todd Kerns on the Tbird.

It looks like they have a nice tour shaping up for 2022.  I saw Myles Kennedy being interviewed earlier today. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: November 23, 2021, 10:37:04 AM »
Epi Embassy sighting starting at 19:32; that's Delaney Bramlett on bass, James Burton on the Tele.

Cathy adores a minuet, the Ballets Russes and Crepes Suzette. And English pub songs.

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #1607 on: November 25, 2021, 04:43:32 PM »
At that time, what else could it be?  I guess I've seen lawsuit era copies but not many of an NR.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: December 06, 2021, 03:36:30 PM »
I know, I know, what a wuss I am posting Al Stewart here. Inoffensiveness has a name. But at my age you can allow yourself to be shameless. Good glimpses of the Bicentennial TBird (three point!) at 1:18, 2:12 and 5:13.

I have all Al Stewart CDs. Yes, all. Even my wife thinks that is a little strange. I will announce further revelations as they come. I really like the drummer's hair too.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 08:30:54 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #1609 on: December 07, 2021, 10:11:05 AM »
I know, I know, what a wuss I am posting Al Stewart here. Inoffensiveness has a name. But at my age you can allow yourself to be shameless. Good glimpses of the Bicentennial TBird (three point!) at 1:18, 2:12 and 5:13.

I have all Al Stewart CDs. Yes, all. Even my wife thinks that is a little strange. I will announce further revelations as they come. I really like the drummer's hair too.

This and Year of the Cat are about all I know from Al Stewart. Both quality tunes. With three guitars, two keys, and a sax, this is some good ensemble playing. Totally uncluttered.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: December 07, 2021, 11:28:46 AM »
He's essentially a Brit folkie (living, of course, in California) who prefers songs about (he reads a lot) arcane historical subjects - a song about Russian submariners dying in the hull of their sunken boat anyone? - to the usual boy-meets-girl/romance/relationships stuff and who only for a short time span in his career traded as a MOR/Yacht pop artist, those Alan Parsons-crafted Year of the Cat/Time Passages-years to which he himself has said: "It was fun to go there for a while, like visiting a Hollywood film set, but I didn't want to live there, I always knew it wouldn't last. I'm not a pop star at all."

He's more comfortable doing stuff like this (a song about Germany's WWII attack on Russia, would you believe?, probably the only song mentioning "Tigers" that doesn't refer to the feline carnivore, but to the "Panzerkampfwagen VI"  8)):

By his own admission, he doesn't even like saxophones! :mrgreen: Record company talked him into using them for a more commercial sheen (and because they were en vogue at the time, think Gerry Rafferty's 'Baker Street'), he thought they devalued the earnestness of his music.

He's really into literary music (eg the incident when Elvis saw Josef Stalin in the clouds and contemplated becoming a monk):

« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 12:03:19 PM by uwe »

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #1611 on: December 08, 2021, 08:56:05 AM »
"It was fun to go there for a while, like visiting a Hollywood film set, but I didn't want to live there, I always knew it wouldn't last. I'm not a pop star at all."

Very cool.

I didn't know the Parsons connection. Totally makes sense. I just listened to Turn of a Friendly Card the other night. Pretty great stuff before things got all mushy AOR with Eye in the Sky.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: January 04, 2022, 07:12:52 AM »
Some Sister banging a Bird. Figures that this might attract your interest.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 07:18:38 AM by uwe »

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: January 07, 2022, 07:45:49 PM »
LOL I wrote a song about my divorce and jammed it with a bud for a few months and the dear didn't have the heart to tell me I totally ripped off that song.  It was a pile of cheese anyway. ... but somehow not as cheese as the original; yikes.  Eldrich had Patricial Morrison on the album before (which serious OG goths love to hate; at least one prominent music blogger loathes it enough to mention repeatedly - especially now that there's been a bit of a resurgance in popularity), and lost her due (in part) to under-utilization and exploitation - she was there for eye candy and it was a bit obvious. 

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: January 07, 2022, 08:30:20 PM »
"LOL I wrote a song about my divorce ..."

Wot, you're no longer together with that nice urban planner?! I'm sorry to hear that.

I just came from a dinner with my current wife, my first wife (she invited us) and Edith's first husband (no, we were not trying to set up our exes together!). We had actually spent two weeks on vacation together this Christmas/New Year, plus the children from the respective family strands, a patchwork family (the term we use in Germany for a blended family scenario) vacation so to say. It "worked" great.

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: January 09, 2022, 09:07:02 AM »
Its been mentioned before you just forgot.  Been a bit of a trip and I guess it is demonstrative of how it went that later era Sisters of Mercy is what my brain referenced.  It's better now; I've moved on to ripping off Ministry and then Leonard Cohen with Arthurian/Welsh imagery.

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: January 21, 2022, 11:55:23 AM »
Very Good demos of a modern Gibson T bird and clearly the only reason to check these vids out  8)

Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #1617 on: January 24, 2022, 08:39:21 AM »
I like her playing. She's got a little attitude that stuff like this needs. I only watched the GnR.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: January 24, 2022, 02:37:25 PM »
Duff is an underrated bassist - even by himself.

Can't really see the girl for all that bass!  :mrgreen: Like you said, she plays nicely snotty though.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 05:55:55 PM by uwe »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: February 02, 2022, 10:17:20 PM »
Now that's a rare sight: Foreigner with a TBird? Must be a later line-up, I don't even know who the bassist is, he's not Rick Wills who recorded this initially.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 10:33:56 PM by uwe »