Author Topic: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds  (Read 266009 times)

Ken

• View Profile
Re: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds
« Reply #1560 on: August 06, 2021, 09:05:53 AM »

Is that Caröl Brädy in the hat?

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: August 06, 2021, 09:17:58 AM »
Another interesting tidbit is Magada Goebbels first husband was Gunther Quant. That industrialist's family has also been awarded a contract to produce digital vaccine passports. Papers please!

The kid-turned-paratrooper is Günther Quandt's second marriage (with Magda, a skillful social climber) younger son Harald Quandt. His older son, Herbert, was with his first wife. Günther, a wealthy industrialist, supported the NSDAP and was pivotal in their early days. The marriage with Magda didn't work out well either and she became (as she had been to Günther before marriage to him) secretary/personal assistant to Joseph Goebbels. The rest is hormones, Hitler & history, as they say.

Günther never held a grudge against either Magda or Joseph, Harald grew up largely with the Goebbels family before he turned adult. By all accounts, Goebbels had a very good relationship with Harald which only soured in 1944 when Harald had become disillusioned from the war he (rightfully so) saw irrevocably lost (and German paratroopers generally suffered heavy losses throughout the war).

Both Günther Quandt's sons, Harald and Herbert, succeeded him as successful industrialists and founded dynasties of their own, BMW still belongs to the Herbert Quandt descendants today (Herbert saved BMW from insolvency because he believed in the brand when no one else did - he wasn't wrong). Harald died in a plane crash over the Italian Alps in the late 60ies on his way to France (ironically not too far away from the site where his unit suffered heavy casualties in WWII and where he was badly wounded too). That is why he bought our bungalow, it was in spitting distance to a sports airfield close to us, he was a hobby pilot. The other explanation is that he used our bungalow as a lair for mistresses. Much like his dad, Harald had a thing for his secretaries/personal assistants.

So it boils down to the following: Depending on your view we either live in a deserted Goebbels bunker of sorts or in a former cauldron of sinful adultery.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 06:01:42 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: August 06, 2021, 09:21:03 AM »

The kid-turned-paratrooper is Günther Quandt's second marriage (with Magda) younger son Harald Quandt. His older son, Herbert, was with his first wife. Günther, a wealthy industrialist, supported the NSDAP and was pivotal in their early days. The marriage with magda didn't work out well either and she became (as she had been before marriage to Günther) secretary/personal assistant to Joseph Goebbels. The rest is hormones and history, as they say.

Günther never held a grudge against either Magda or Joseph, Harald grew up largely with the Goebbels family before he turned adult. By all accounts, Goebbels had a very good relationship with Harald which only soured in 1944 when Harald had become disillusioned from the war he saw irrevocably lost.

Both Günther Quandt's sons, Harald and Herbert, succeeded him as successful industrialists and founded dynasties of themselves, BMW still belongs to them today. Harald died in a plane crash in the late 60ies on his way to France (ironically not too far away from the site where his unit suffered heavy casualties in WWII and where he was badly wounded too). That is why he bought our bungalow, it was in spititng distance to a sports airfield, he was a hobby pilot. The other explanation is that he used our bungalow as a lair for mistresses. Much like his dad, Harald had a thing for his secretaries/personal assistants.

So it boils down to the following: Depending on your view we either live in a deserted Goebbels bunker or in a former cauldron of sinful adultery.  :mrgreen:

Living in sin has a better feel to it.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: August 09, 2021, 06:53:56 PM »
Sorry if this has been posted.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: August 10, 2021, 06:26:46 AM »
Not this in-depth analysis, only vids where Becker played a TB IV. Interesting, though Steely Dan - well-crafted music it is - has never really grabbed me. They always sounded a little too "adult" for me. I'm a stunted development guy.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: August 10, 2021, 06:32:46 AM »
Not this in-depth analysis, only vids where Becker played a TB IV. Interesting, though Steely Dan - well-crafted music it is - has never really grabbed me. They always sounded a little too "adult" for me. I'm a stunted development guy.

I think what grabs me least here is the narrator in the video, with his seemingly extremely exaggerated way of speaking.

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: August 10, 2021, 07:31:07 AM »
yikes

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: August 10, 2021, 11:14:32 PM »
Steely Dan = immediately change the station. I wouldn't sit through 30 seconds of anything about them.

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: August 11, 2021, 10:03:40 PM »
Steely Dan = immediately change the station. I wouldn't sit through 30 seconds of anything about them.
Agreed!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: August 12, 2021, 04:00:01 AM »
Ouch, so much for sophisticated 'rock critic's choice'-music in this forum of fora.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Do you all hate Little Feat too?  8)

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #1570 on: August 12, 2021, 06:20:53 AM »
Is it cuz y'all are reeling in the years and don't wanna dwell on the point?
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1571 on: August 12, 2021, 07:39:59 AM »

You too?   

I already admitted to eating crayons  :-*
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: August 13, 2021, 12:44:39 AM »
Ouch, so much for sophisticated 'rock critic's choice'-music in this forum of fora.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Do you all hate Little Feat too?  8)

I don't hate 'em, that's too strong a word. Their music is not pleasing to me, so I don't waste time listening to it.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #1573 on: August 29, 2021, 04:12:53 AM »
   Apologies if I already posted this. My Epiphone Vintage Pro Thunderbird through my Hiwatts.  Recent gig, low attendance would be polite,  inside on a hot summer night and no liquor license lol. The entire show was shot in high quality and multiple angles so it's a video gold mine. A little Summer Time Blues.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: August 29, 2021, 08:51:29 AM »
Too sweet!