Author Topic: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds  (Read 266029 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds
« Reply #1530 on: July 08, 2021, 09:22:21 AM »
I could see some of those Dad Band members return home from rehearsals with widened ...

... horizons, that's what I meant to say.

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1531 on: July 08, 2021, 03:31:18 PM »

I'm that kind of girl  :-*   

Corrupt you all I will!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: July 08, 2021, 03:45:29 PM »
Ye mortals, make way for the intrusion of ... yesss ... immerse yourself in the sinful halo of Fräulein Rommel, Grand Corruptress Of All Galaxies!

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1533 on: July 09, 2021, 07:23:55 AM »
Ye mortals, make way for the intrusion of ... yesss ... immerse yourself in the sinful halo of Fräulein Rommel, Grand Corruptress Of All Galaxies!

I look like that this morning!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: July 12, 2021, 11:59:25 AM »
I'm a great fan of Ebony Maw as a villain, all that nifty telekinesis and that priestly stance. He's Thanos' nasty Joseph Goebbels figure.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #1535 on: July 12, 2021, 01:47:43 PM »
A classic...

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #1536 on: July 20, 2021, 08:56:13 AM »
Thunderbird sighting in this nineties video by Swedish rockers Electric Boys.
Love the short little guitar solo!

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1537 on: July 21, 2021, 08:22:00 AM »

Hadn't seen this before - a great half hour of UFO live in '78 with Schenker, Way, Raymond, Moog and Parker on F*&^%$#@ fire.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1538 on: July 21, 2021, 08:26:18 AM »
Thunderbird sighting in this nineties video by Swedish rockers Electric Boys.
Love the short little guitar solo!

I remember this! It's so fun, silly fun, I love it!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: July 22, 2021, 03:49:05 AM »

Hadn't seen this before - a great half hour of UFO live in '78 with Schenker, Way, Raymond, Moog and Parker on F*&^%$#@ fire.

Why did my countryman always stand there as if he had just peed his leather pants?  :mrgreen:

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #1540 on: July 22, 2021, 07:59:21 AM »
To keep that V in position

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1541 on: July 22, 2021, 08:08:02 AM »
Why did my countryman always stand there as if he had just peed his leather pants?  :mrgreen:

I have to say that I'm really glad I got to see Michael Schenker with UFO just after "Obsession" came out, I always thought him to be a great guitarist, much better that Led Zep guy! Of course Pete Way was cool and drunk, knocked a Marshall half stack over with his '76 at the end of the show, Raymond, Parker and Moog with his great rock and roll voice, still, I think one of the great underappreciated bands. 

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #1542 on: July 22, 2021, 02:51:18 PM »
I remember watching this video. Phil Mogg missed a chorus and is so pissed off he sings part of the song with his back to the audience.

Schenker was awesome back then (and during the first four solo albums). But after that he kind of lost his style. Became a soulless shredder. Plus he made some bad choices with his line-ups. That horrible keyboard sound of Andy Nye and that awful singer called McAuley spring to mind...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: July 23, 2021, 05:40:03 PM »
To keep that V in position

Ok, so he just veed in his pants, that makes a difference, danke.

Schenker is a gifted rhythm (often forgotten) and lead guitarist. He can also write a song or two.

But he's also plain weird and totally naive. It's like UFO robbed him out of the cradle to drag him on tour around the world by his hair and there is a certain part of "adolescence merging into young adulthood" missing in his development to this day. Some of the stuff he says here is plain delusional. He reminds me of Britney Spears to an extent.

Get over being the little brother - Rudolf Schenker built the success of his Scorpions on being consistent, something that always escaped his baby brother.

And when I learned about the Scorpions in the mid-seventies in Germany, no one spoke of Michael Schenker, Uli Jon Roth and his Hendrix style was all the rage. Lonesome Crow (the album with Michael) had been a gruesome flop. The Scorps climbed to national attention with Fly to the Rainbow (which to be fair still featured some Michael compositions) and, especially, In Trance. You would read about Michael in the papers when he was once again AWOL from UFO and nobody knew whether he was still alive. At the same time, the Scorpions were gigging every little shit hole left and right in Germany, France and the Benelux countries, cementing their live act reputation.

I even saw him with the Scorpions on the Lovedrive tour. He was clearly unhappy within the Scorpions and I was - being used to Uli Jon Roth's awesome solos - underwhelmed by his very introvert playing and stage presence. It was clear it wouldn't last.

Finally, apologies for his heaffy äkzent - after close to 45 years living in either the US or the UK, you would think that he would no longer sound like an extra from a WW II Nazi movie.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 11:43:17 PM by uwe »

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #1544 on: July 24, 2021, 01:44:25 AM »
Even his accent is inconsistent