Author Topic: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds  (Read 266037 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds
« Reply #1350 on: September 29, 2020, 11:34:38 AM »
Mark, we can live with other colors.

Virginity just isn't you.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1351 on: September 29, 2020, 02:25:54 PM »
Mark, we can live with other colors.

Virginity just isn't you.

At least I can still remember how I lost mine!

Autumn colors suit me best, so it may be that time of year to hith up.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #1352 on: October 04, 2020, 06:02:55 AM »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: October 04, 2020, 03:34:31 PM »
When Sweet ditched trying to be Deep Purple and opted for aiming to be like 10cc instead!

I saw that particular line up (= augmented by a keyboarder and  a second gitarrist) live at the time. It was a good show (they pulled those big arrangements off live), playing almost all  tracks from Level Headed, the album that featured LILO, and being very light on the early hits, but you couldn't help but wonder whether Brian Connolly still felt comfortable with their new style. He didn't seem to enjoy himself nearly as much as the others. Andy Scott and Steve Priest had taken over the band for good. Unsurprisingly, Connolly was out after the Level Headed Tour.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1354 on: October 06, 2020, 08:23:11 AM »

Good times back in the day at a very sweaty little bar in Pt. Angeles, WA - What a Thunderbird is made for!

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: October 06, 2020, 10:27:11 AM »
You must be bribing the guy at the mixing desk well, Mark!  ;D

This is hopefully b.c., i.e. before covid 19?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 05:17:29 PM by uwe »

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1356 on: October 06, 2020, 01:06:23 PM »

It helped that the camera is quite close to amp! That's some old video, like 7-8 years back - I miss playing so much, really don't see when we'll get back to it either.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: October 06, 2020, 01:10:01 PM »

It helped that the camera is quite close to amp! That's some old video, like 7-8 years back - I miss playing so much, really don't see when we'll get back to it either.

Can you at least figure out a way to practice safely?  I know gigs are out of the question right now.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: October 06, 2020, 02:28:52 PM »
Sort of a music video.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #1359 on: October 07, 2020, 07:00:19 AM »

Bass sounds great Mark! I miss playing too and wonder what the future holds. I've been pretty apathetic toward my music lately, which is not cool. But I do have a new covers band that's done a couple of masked rehearsals this past month, and my originals band Nomadic Horizon did an outdoor rehe recently as well.

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: October 07, 2020, 07:28:51 AM »
We've been fortunate . Three active cases in the province right now . Anyone outside the Atlantic bubble (Nfld , NB , NS and PEI) must quarantine for two weeks upon arrival , and that's kept the covid numbers down .
Bars and restaurants are open , but at reduced capacity , masks and social distancing are the new normal . Some gigs have returned , some have not . Reduced pay for some because of reduced capacity , others remain the same . I've been back doing some gigs for about two months now .
Things had been closed for over three months so it's wonderful to be hearing a bass at room levels . This could all change tomorrow , but for the time being we're on the way back to normal .

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1361 on: October 07, 2020, 08:30:46 AM »

I'm quite envious, we're clamped down here in Washington State, no large indoor events of any kind for the foreseeable  future, nada. We're not rehearsing and probably won't until we reach a different phase of our planned recovery - It's a good time to just try other things musically and stay fresh, I'm also glad to put more energy towards building my model railroad, so, I got that going for me  ;)

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: October 07, 2020, 08:35:13 AM »
I'm quite envious, we're clamped down here in Washington State, no large indoor events of any kind for the foreseeable  future, nada. We're not rehearsing and probably won't until we reach a different phase of our planned recovery - It's a good time to just try other things musically and stay fresh, I'm also glad to put more energy towards building my model railroad, so, I got that going for me  ;)

Good.  You definitely don't want that not-so-fresh feeling.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1363 on: October 07, 2020, 09:33:16 AM »

I'm plenty fresh  :gay:

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: October 07, 2020, 10:16:38 AM »