Author Topic: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds  (Read 266079 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds
« Reply #1200 on: February 26, 2020, 02:44:37 PM »
@ 0:45

Suffice to say that radiation still lingers in some parts of Japan.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 02, 2020, 01:23:38 PM »

Just stumbled across these guys on YouTube and have been a little obsessed over the last week. Their live stuff makes me feel like it's 1981 and I'm watching them with Motley Crue at the Whisky or Troubadour. From what I've seen so far they've been around since the late 80s or early 90s, and are active now as well. I love 'em!

« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 01:33:24 PM by OldManC »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 04, 2020, 07:47:58 PM »
Made in bella Italia (by Frontiers Records, allora!) Dokken-, Foreigner-, Grand Prix-, MSG-, Winger- plus Whitesnake-luminaries & a 60ies TBird IV pilsoning its way thru ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1203 on: March 05, 2020, 09:53:13 AM »
Made in bella Italia (by Frontiers Records, allora!) Dokken-, Foreigner-, Grand Prix-, MSG-, Winger- plus Whitesnake-luminaries & a 60ies TBird IV pilsoning its way thru ...

I'm unashamed to say I really like this!  I've always liked Jeff Pilson - total rock n roll soldier, a bit unsung, solid. I've never thought of him as a Thunderbird guy despite that early Dokken vid in which he plays a red one. Me thinks he's read Geddy's thoughts and decided to give the real deal a shot.   
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 08, 2020, 09:53:52 AM »
That Black Swan album - record company ordered and manufactured as it is - is actually very good. I wasn't expecting much from it, but it is the best modern AOR album in ages, full of good melodies und inspired performances. McAuley sings like a young man with the experience of an old pro, Pilson has given the whole thing a great production and some tasty bass work, the drummer is lively and Reb Beach is a musician's musician, never in the guitar hero league due to lack of on stage charisma, but inventive und tasteful as a guitarist.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 09, 2020, 02:51:10 AM »
With Mick Jones half-retired, I also understand that Pilson has become the current Foreigner's musical director.

Of all the hair metal bands of the 80ies, I always thought that Dokken - for all the drama and infighting - had something that set them apart from the pack. Lynch was obviously gifted and Don Dokken had an individual, immediately indentifiable style. There was bit more brain than hair to them.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 10:50:12 AM by uwe »

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 09, 2020, 06:08:07 AM »
With Mick Jones half-retired, I also understand that Pilson has become the current Foreigner's musical director.

Of all the hair metal bands of the 80ies, I always thought that Dokken - for all the drama und infighting - had something that set them apart from the pack. Lynch was obviously gifted and Don Dokken had an individual, immediately indentifiable style. There was bit more brain than hair to them.

Maybe the hair was just a vehicle for them.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1207 on: March 09, 2020, 08:45:17 AM »

Of all the hair metal bands of the 80ies, I always thought that Dokken - for all the drama und infighting - had something that set them apart from the pack. Lynch was obviously gifted and Don Dokken had an individual, immediately indentifiable style. There was bit more brain than hair to them.

I've read recently that Lynch and Dokken did indeed fight a great deal in that band, which is a shame. Taken for what they were I thought them quite good if not the best "Hair Metal" band, Lynch is a masterful, inventive guitarist to say the least, love his tone and rhythm guitar work, and yeah he can shred! Pilson is so unknown, but obviously talented, not just as a bassist.   
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: March 09, 2020, 10:42:30 AM »
Maybe the hair was just a follicle vehicle for them.

I know what you mean!  8)

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 09, 2020, 10:49:50 AM »
I know what you mean!  8)

Uwe - he'll be here all week!  Tip your bartenders!

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #1210 on: March 21, 2020, 12:14:35 PM »
While surfing on YouTube for some ancient Kenny Rogers footage I saw a fragment of an early version of I just checked etc where Kenny doesn't play the bass. The bass in the video is a Non Reverse Thunderbird. (While Kenny was usually seen with a white fifties P with the single coil)

The NR Tbird can be seen at 35.17

FrankieTbird

• View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 22, 2020, 06:46:50 PM »

Dogs D'Amour - Satellite Kid

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 01, 2020, 09:42:23 PM »
One of my favorite Bill Wyman parts done fingerstyle on a TBird. Don't know who the player is, and his YT channel is only about a month old. This is the fifth video he's done with the TBird.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 01, 2020, 10:02:45 PM »
One of my favorite Bill Wyman parts done fingerstyle on a TBird. Don't know who the player is, and his YT channel is only about a month old. This is the fifth video he's done with the TBird.

I wonder what strings he's using.  I would've thought RS66, looking at the headstock, but then saw the same silk color at the bridge.  RS66 hasn't had that at the bridge in a long time.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: May 02, 2020, 04:30:13 PM »
That's one of my favorite songs by the Stones.  I used to have to sing and play at the same time.  So my bass playing wasn't exactly like that, but I guess it was close enough.  That's a good video with the Thunderbird, though. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal