Author Topic: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds  (Read 266013 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds
« Reply #615 on: June 16, 2015, 10:05:25 AM »
The Band Perry is every bit as country as Rachel Dolezal is black.

I'm embarrassed that she lives in Washington State  :sad:
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #616 on: June 16, 2015, 01:41:06 PM »

Aside from the fact that she has been "passing", I'm still trying to find the problem.  If she had been black and passing as white, I doubt that anyone would dare to say a word about it.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 16, 2015, 01:52:25 PM »
Aside from the fact that she has been "passing", I'm still trying to find the problem.  If she had been black and passing as white, I doubt that anyone would dare to say a word about it.

Maybe you and I are the only two people who feel this way then.  Everyone seems angry with her, blacks, whites, conservatives, liberals--you name it.  Maybe her actions were deceptive, if someone wants to look at it that way.  But I don't view what she did as malicious.  I'd rather save my disapproval for stuff that actually is malicious.  This whole story seems to be much ado about nothing anyway. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:05:41 PM by westen44 »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 16, 2015, 02:16:50 PM »
I guess she heard too much John Lennon, it happens.

Public health notice: Video is safe for work, Yoko Ono only on - largely inaudible - percussion.

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #619 on: June 16, 2015, 02:25:48 PM »
There's no TBird in that vid Uwe.  As a lawyer we expect you to understand these things, no matter how topical you may think it is.  A Fender no less, here?  Tres gauche. 

Maybe you and I are the only two people who feel this way then.  Everyone seems angry with her, blacks, whites, conservatives, liberals--you name it.  Maybe her actions were deceptive, if someone wants to look at it that way.  But I don't view what she did as malicious.  I'd rather save my disapproval for stuff that actually is malicious.  This whole story seems to be much ado about nothing anyway.

In the other direction plenty would also be said.  If not by whites, then definitely by blacks. I am certain of it.  At the very least it would be a panel topic on the nightly show.

I just hope this lady gets the help she so obviously needs.  I do understand why black people are upset - it's kinda like some next level mashup of cultural appropriation and blackface.

Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 16, 2015, 03:17:42 PM »
"In the future everyone will be black for 15 minutes."

Andy "Soulbrother" Warhol

Which reminds me of this book here I read at high school:

That hardly ever gets mentioned anymore, pity, it was an enlightening read.

Besides, criticism of Ms Dolezal is somewhat evolution-forgotten. Of course her ancestors were black, you just need to go back a bit. Africa was the womb of early mankind and, no, our ancestors weren't WASPs nor did they look like they were under the African sun.

Wasn't Jessica Alba slammed a couple of years ago for being forgetful of her alleged black origins? Either way, go back in some families and there might be surprises. Like Dwight "Ike" Eisenhower's grandmom Elizabeth Link, she didn't exactly look like she had been dropped off by the Mayflower:

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:35:21 PM by uwe »

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #621 on: June 16, 2015, 03:25:54 PM »

You may not be hearing the specifics Al, she has applied for positions in government and on a police oversight committee stating that she is black. You can palpably feel Spokane's embarrassment all the way over here....
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 16, 2015, 03:33:07 PM »
You may not be hearing the specifics Al, she has applied for positions in government and on a police oversight committee stating that she is black. You can palpably feel Spokane's embarrassment all the way over here....

Yes, and, she got her masters from Howard University and then sued the traditionally black institution because she claimed bias against her as a white woman? ???  Case got thrown out and she was forced to pay legal fees.

She has some mental issues to deal with I imagine.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 16, 2015, 03:37:38 PM »
Poor girl obviously can't decide what she wants to be.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #624 on: June 16, 2015, 03:56:09 PM »

How's this....

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 16, 2015, 03:57:37 PM »
I guess she heard too much John Lennon, it happens.

Public health notice: Video is safe for work, Yoko Ono only on - largely inaudible - percussion.

There is no such thing as listening to John Lennon too much.  Yoko Ono is another story. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 16, 2015, 03:58:54 PM »
I'm in shock... one of my cousins is running for El Presidente...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 16, 2015, 04:11:58 PM »
There's no TBird in that vid Uwe.  As a lawyer we expect you to understand these things, no matter how topical you may think it is.  A Fender no less, here?  Tres gauche. 

In the other direction plenty would also be said.  If not by whites, then definitely by blacks. I am certain of it.  At the very least it would be a panel topic on the nightly show.

I just hope this lady gets the help she so obviously needs.  I do understand why black people are upset - it's kinda like some next level mashup of cultural appropriation and blackface.

But it's not like this kind of thing hasn't been done before in American history.  During the Harlem Renaissance, for instance, there were some white women married to black artists and intellectuals involved in that movement who passed themselves off as black. 

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 16, 2015, 04:22:08 PM »

White is the new black.

Douchebags with  phony rural accents singing blue collar versions of smutty college frat boy rock are the new country.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 16, 2015, 04:30:10 PM »
Spokane is probably more angry than embarrassed, I'd guess.

Dolezal wouldn't be news if it was just about her passing as black. The problem is that she lied for financial advantage. Her teaching position, her NAACP position, etc.

Then there's the matter of her repeated lies about being the victim of hate crimes, never with any evidence.

She still won't fess up. She's mentally ill.