Author Topic: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds  (Read 266059 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds
« Reply #480 on: January 04, 2014, 09:32:21 PM »

Yes, you will find a NR T'bird (0.40) during the Bye Bye Love excerpt but this is for Phil, who we lost today... RIP Phil Everly...

RIP Phil. Emphysema is a terrible way to go.

planetgaffnet

• View Profile
    • Nancy Johnson
« Reply #481 on: January 07, 2014, 11:59:09 AM »
Sorry...just thought of this one.  Shudder To Think - X-French T-Shirt.  My mate Stuart Hill on bass.
P

The future I come from no longer exists.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 10, 2014, 04:38:29 PM »
I've been putting RD's in fat-bottoms, George...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 11, 2014, 02:56:00 PM »
I've been putting RD's in fat-bottoms, George...

OK, I'll move it. Thanks!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 17, 2014, 12:52:21 PM »
Roger's Bird (before he broke off the headstock in a collision with a mike stand!), some guitarist I have never heard of and Jim Carrey singing:

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 17, 2014, 07:24:59 PM »
Wow, I've never seen that video before. You sure that's not Falco singing?
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #486 on: January 18, 2014, 12:06:23 AM »
Roger's Bird (before he broke off the headstock in a collision with a mike stand!), some guitarist I have never heard of and Jim Carrey singing:

That was brutally bad :-X
Not Ritchie's crowning performance there.

They sure as F&%* took off like a bunch of sugared up 10 year old's at slumber party!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 18, 2014, 12:42:01 PM »
[irony] That is the one-hit-wonder-kid singing, isn't it...? Not a Hellcat moment...? [/irony]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:27:38 PM by CAR-54 »
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #488 on: January 18, 2014, 02:44:50 PM »
[irony] That iis the one-hit-wonder-kid singing, isn't it...? Not a Hellcat moment...? [/irony]

I don't know who that is Kenny..........just that singing that song wasn't so good!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #489 on: January 18, 2014, 03:01:04 PM »
I don't know who that is Kenny..........just that singing that song wasn't so good!

I was thinking it was Graham Bonnet, but whoever it was, was truly in poor form.  That was even bar band bad.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 18, 2014, 05:18:09 PM »
Saw that lineup a couple of times and even posted a (poor) pic of mine with that T'Bird at one of the shows - Bonnet - the shows I saw were enjoyable but he was not Dio, and I saw the 2nd version of that lineup...

Man On The Silver Mountain is one of my all time fave tunes and I can still clearly remember playing the LP for the first time... my copy of the single now resides with someone who deserves it more than me...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 20, 2014, 12:37:59 PM »
Yes, and danke for it.  :mrgreen: Bonnet could have off-key nights. He had amazing range and force, but his hearing could be off some nights, even he has admitted as much. Nothing you would hear this day and age with a little Autotune dialed in (even Rob Halford admits to using one).

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 20, 2014, 03:09:15 PM »
Bitte... I still have my original LP with that wonderful cover, and that little trinket is much more appreciated there than here and we both know it... Dio's voice and Blackmore's guitar and their combined style just worked beautifully, live and studio... it's a shame the (Powell) Rainbow reunion never came off... I always thought RB was brave to walk away from "rock" and follow his heart (CN might just have been an influence) and, significantly, BN is his longest running project...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #493 on: January 21, 2014, 08:38:03 AM »
I remember having a huge problem with Bonnet's image. They went from this weird little Elf guy, to a sort of pre-Miami Vice looking dude. And his voice was way too raspy for me. I never liked voices like that, or Brian Johnson, Axel Rose, etc... But I will admit, I liked the JLT era Rainbow.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 21, 2014, 10:53:57 AM »
You, sir, are a brave man. Very brave.  :mrgreen: Joe had a nice voice, but it was too close to Lou Gramm's for me and it lacked that turbocharger effect Bonnet's voice had. But I've heard that comparison to Brian Johnson before and it's not inapt at all. And I had issues with his look back then too (but grudgingly accepted how strong his voice was), but a couple of years later (with shorter hair myself) I thought he was cool and ahead of his time. And he had the kudos to get a fresh James Dean haircut when Blackmore "forbade" him to get one, wanting him to grow his hair long(er). (Let's not talk about Joe's hair here and how it is always and always has been in great shape. Or Ritchie's!  :mrgreen: )

To restore this particular line-up's credibility here (Roger now with an Ovation Magnum II, bass-promiscuous as he always was):

That said, I think Bonnet's best recorded work was - some high points with Alcatrazz apart - with MSG on Assault Attack. Dessert song is such a classic and no one can sing it like him (you hear that a lot from other singers that Bonnet's vocal lines are impossibly hard to replicate). It's also Michael Schenker's best album outside of UFO.

Bonnet came from an utterly non-hard rock, much less heavy metal background, he considered himself to be blue-eyed soul.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:02:37 AM by uwe »