Author Topic: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds  (Read 266056 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds
« Reply #405 on: July 15, 2013, 07:05:20 AM »
Man, that Bird definitely roars!

Don't let Lemmy hear it, he'll take it away!

I'm really enjoying that bass a lot lately, modern Thunderbird necks really play nicely for me, and I love how that one sounds cranked up with the GK.  ;D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

• View Profile
Sorry I posted this one before,,,
« Reply #406 on: July 16, 2013, 12:17:43 AM »
Nothing to see here , move along,,
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:49:16 AM by 4005 »

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 16, 2013, 12:28:40 AM »
Robin Lamble? w/ a '76-'77 Bird

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 17, 2013, 08:48:50 AM »
Skynyrd, 1974. Leon with a black Thunderbird and Ed King with a Strat. Billy has no mustache!

Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 17, 2013, 04:04:34 PM »
Not seen this one before... that's a sunburst T'Bird; just a dark vid...? They are miming...

Here's the whole of the BBC recording with JAE's gift ...

The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Denis

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 18, 2013, 06:40:27 AM »
Watched that one the other day. :)
Clocks.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 19, 2013, 03:19:46 AM »
There is a little bit of me that finds it painful to watch, having seen that tour (they split it - first half late '75 and when I caught it in early '76 at the Hammy Odeon)and watching that OGWT one when it went out for the first time... 100 people saw that as a freebie and I had the (misfortune) of working with one of them who never gave up letting me know it - the police whistle is him...
I still clearly remember being woken to the news of the accident the Friday morning after it...
Curiously... historically... the OGWT show is the only time, anywhere, they were broadcast "live"; they were not on form, but it is still a classic show that leaves you wanting more... such a shame they were lost... 36 years... where did they go...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 19, 2013, 07:30:50 AM »
kenny, back before they got signed you could see LS at any number of clubs here in atlanta on a regular basis.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 19, 2013, 05:36:13 PM »
... and all I got was the chance of seeing Big Den Stratton before he joined the original Maiden... or maybe seeing Rick Wakeman playing Roll Out The Barrel and such stuff for the old-folks at Christmas in my local pub...

I've always been the wrong side of the Pond for my musical tastes...

Tom... you'll next be telling me you got to see ABB with Duane and Berry too...  ;)

Denis

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 20, 2013, 04:54:53 AM »
There is a little bit of me that finds it painful to watch, having seen that tour (they split it - first half late '75 and when I caught it in early '76 at the Hammy Odeon)and watching that OGWT one when it went out for the first time... 100 people saw that as a freebie and I had the (misfortune) of working with one of them who never gave up letting me know it - the police whistle is him...
I still clearly remember being woken to the news of the accident the Friday morning after it...
Curiously... historically... the OGWT show is the only time, anywhere, they were broadcast "live"; they were not on form, but it is still a classic show that leaves you wanting more... such a shame they were lost... 36 years... where did they go...

I remember hearing about the plane crash in Mrs. Satisky's science class. Nearly all of us were really sad. She let someone go to their locker for a Skynyrd poster and let him put it up on the wall. Very sad. I saw them in 1987 just after they started that first tour. It was a great show but very emotional, especially when Allen Collins gave his speech about the dangers of drinking/drugs while driving.

Speaking of, yesterday was Allen Collins' birthday. Happy Birthday, wherever you are. You are missed!
Clocks.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 20, 2013, 12:46:50 PM »

My old band gathered in our old stomping grounds in Utah and did a reunion show. In true Spinal Tap fashion, our drummer exploded a few days before we gathered to rehearse (drugs are bad, kids) but we shifted and moved forward. It's not pretty but it was fun, and it's got a (Japanese) Thunderbird.

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 20, 2013, 02:44:40 PM »
cool!  tight vocals and with a nice little change right at the end there.musta been fun .is it an ibanez thunderbird ?
Louder bass!.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 20, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »
Thank you! It's a '77 Greco II. I have a bolt neck Ibanez IV as well but lately I've been playing the Greco more than anything else.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #418 on: July 20, 2013, 08:30:00 PM »

George,

It's great to see a vid of you playing! No doubt it was great fun  :toast:

How about Paul witha Silvertone? Firebird........

Gotta say this pretty damm good sounding to me ( I turned it up!) Gene's having a bit fun with the bass parts. He gets slagged a lot on "that other forum" ........ he's killin' it here.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 20, 2013, 09:13:12 PM »
Thanks, Mark!

When Gene wants (wanted?) to be he's an inspired player and composer of fun, McCartney flavored bass lines. Some people could never see past the make up and get that. I totally get that he (and KISS as a whole) are not everyone's cup of tea, but those early albums have some great bass writing and playing.

I like seeing Paul finally try a Firebird again (even if it's one tweaked to his specs). After his black one broke he was quoted as saying that was his favorite guitar ever and that it couldn't be replaced. I was aware of that guitar a few years before I ever saw a Thunderbird bass and it always stayed with me. I love that shape.