Author Topic: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds  (Read 266079 times)

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Music videos that feature Thunderbirds
« Reply #375 on: May 29, 2013, 04:14:10 PM »
Here's one a little newer and plugged in. :)

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 29, 2013, 05:13:59 PM »
One more with an older bird.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:26:18 AM by OldManC »

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 02, 2013, 08:21:57 AM »
D'oh! Video removed, thanks, Gary. I need to be awake when I post.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #378 on: June 02, 2013, 08:32:38 AM »
D'oh! Video removed, thanks, Gary. I need to be awake when I post.

You're very welcome.  Been there, done that.  Found myself the owner of a Hamer Cruise bass once that I only remembered watching, not bidding.   :o
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 02, 2013, 10:57:40 AM »
You're very welcome.  Been there, done that.  Found myself the owner of a Hamer Cruise bass once that I only remembered watching, not bidding.   :o

Ha ha, I thought I was the only one that ever did that! Mine wasn't even playable so you probably made out better than I did but still...  ;D

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #380 on: June 02, 2013, 01:27:41 PM »
 This was shot about 8 months ago with our now departed drummer Wayne......
I can't explain it, but this place always gets a bit crazy when we show up  ;D

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 02, 2013, 10:12:59 PM »
What happened to your drummer?

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 03, 2013, 05:13:07 AM »
He went straight. It does happen.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #383 on: June 03, 2013, 09:59:07 AM »
What happened to your drummer?

I think I'd call it a mid-life meltdown, poor guy just couldn't keep himself together. He never had a decent job or place to live, we all tried to help him as much as we could, but there wasn't anything for it in the end. He packed up what he had and drove to Fla. where he at least had some family and a place to hang his hat. We still touch base on FB and he really regrets leaving Washington now.....
The band lost a number of good shows in his absence, it took awhile to find a good replacement but we did in Morgan Smith, he young at 28 but a great addition to our band.

The Nasty Habits are the headliners for Seattle Pride celebration at the end of June - We're pretty excited, the stage will occupy a major intersection of several streets closed, we're expecting several thousand peeps  ;D  

Here's Morgan
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IMjvUIZf74&list=UUQAlqFklKPPjBKEUAggBONg&index=1

« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:26:25 PM by TBird1958 »
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 03, 2013, 11:45:47 AM »
Shame about Wayne.  He was very smooth.  It was nice of you guys (gals?) to try and help him.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 03, 2013, 07:04:36 PM »
That's too bad. From the way you had talked, you were really pleased with him at first.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #386 on: June 04, 2013, 09:44:48 AM »
That's too bad. From the way you had talked, you were really pleased with him at first.

He is by far the best drummer I've ever worked with, he totally got what was supposed to happen between us, never overplayed and really enjoyed his part in the band. In some ways we thought of him as an Idiot Savant on the drums, yet quite disfunctional with so much of the rest of his life. More than once I witnessed him struggle with simple, everyday things.......like, what to have for lunch. A painful 25 minutes just to choose soup. Which black t-shirt to wear to a show......
I'm not making fun at all, Wayne is still my friend and we all were sad to lose him, he was, in the best sense a "bandmate" and friend I miss him. 

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 04, 2013, 10:02:32 AM »
For his sake, I hope he can at least find some band to play with in his new location.  He may be dysfunctional with the everyday things, but it would be quite a waste for someone like that not to be playing drums.  Needless to say, really good drummers tend to be a pretty rare breed. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 04, 2013, 07:30:56 PM »
I feel sorry for him, having known a few people like that. Not idiot savant, though I know what you mean. They can be brilliant at something complex and at the same time struggle to make decisions that most of us can make effortlessly.

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 04, 2013, 09:12:13 PM »
I feel sorry for him, having known a few people like that. Not idiot savant, though I know what you mean. They can be brilliant at something complex and at the same time struggle to make decisions that most of us can make effortlessly.

Mark it's very nice of you all to try to help him - to me this is a sure sign of very kind and generous people.

I had a childhood friend that was a drummer and bordered on the savant level.  Had probably less than a year of lessons and played like a first call LA studio cat in less than three years.  Everyone that ever played with him was astounded - especially when he was say 15.  But the gift of music was at the cost of his mind - he was always off, very erratic and mercurial as a kid.  By the time we were into our mid twenties we'd all backed off somewhat as he had gotten downright scary running to dangerous.  I ran into him about 15 years ago - on full disability for a multitude of major mental problems and not drumming - pretty much a medicated zombie.