Author Topic: 1966 Cherry Red NR Thunderbird II Bass  (Read 5005 times)

Blackbird

• View Profile
Re: 1966 Cherry Red NR Thunderbird II Bass
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 05:50:26 AM »
Put me down for "if he's smart enough to setup an ebay account and create a listing with an image, he's smart enough to know to check his email"  Perhaps SPAM is blocking *some* messages, but I doubt all of them.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 06:27:32 AM »
I know some people are not savvy to computers and the internet...But...I'm sure he's gotten a ton of emails.....what's the dilly dally??? I'm a 1/2 hour-45 minutes from him...and no response....

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 06:37:04 AM »
He probably doesn't really want to sell it.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 10:16:49 AM »
He probably doesn't really want to sell it.
Bingo that's what I'm think'n. I put it on ebay just like you told me to dear. See no one wants it, not one bid. I'll just put it back under the bed, maybe you have some jewelry we can sell.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 10:19:31 AM »
I can see him not knowing he has messages. I get my email at home & I barely get a chance to use the computer as my daughter's arse is permanently attached to it. If does not log into his account he may not know.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 10:41:37 AM »
I can see him not knowing he has messages. I get my email at home & I barely get a chance to use the computer as my daughter's arse is permanently attached to it. If does not log into his account he may not know.

That's hard to forgive or understand when there's a lot of money on the table.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Johnbob

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 10:48:59 AM »
At first I kind of also thought that he just might be an inexperienced Ebayer and not know what he's doing but it just looks way tooo fishy at this point. Barely any description, no pictures, no info really at all and he hasn't responded to multiple emails from multiple people that WE know of. You have to assume that a ton of other people that are not on this forum have probably asked tons of questions too but probably haven't heard back either. Why do I assume that? Because I'm sure whoever has a question is probably asking the same questions we all want answered and if they had gotten a response someone would have already bought the bass since the price is decent and it is a Buy It Now. Think about, we have numerous guys on here alone that would have jumped on it for that price if they had a little info on it.

We all just really want to "believe" so badly. Ha ha. I know, I know, I want to believe too. Also think of it this way, maybe he is on the up and up and maybe the auction and bass are legit with no issues and this guy just doesn't know what he's doing but that's also a reason to maybe steer clear from it. Dealing with someone who has no clue what he is doing can be a potential nightmare especially for a bass that's so expensive and for a bass that is so delicate and fragile. If he's this clueless imagine his shipping and packing skills and now imagine how much of a nightmare he would be to deal with if it did get damaged during shipping. If he can't answer an email imagine him trying to file a claim, etc.

I know we want to believe that he just doesn't realize that he has been getting messages about it but what about when you buy it? He will also get messages saying that the auction has ended, how will he know that he got that message if doesn't know that he got the other ones?

Of course, if he starts responding and answering questions than that's different story.

Johnbob

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 10:53:19 AM »
Forget about this bird, check out the Pelham Blue one that I just posted about.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 12:14:39 PM »
Suspicious or not, inexperienced or not, if you won't answer questions then chances are you won't sell it. Whatever else is going on in his life, if he expects to sell a high dollar item, then he'd better get on the stick.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 02:29:21 PM »
I predict this auction will tank. So close yet so far, I can almost smell it. sigh.............................................
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Johnbob

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 03:06:56 PM »
It should tank. If the guy is legit but inexperienced, maybe the auction tanking will teach him to relist it with more info, picture, etc.

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 09:04:29 AM »
the guy sold it for his asking price. it only tales one bid.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Johnbob

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 11:37:41 AM »
Someone may have bid on it but it doesn't mean that that person isn't getting ripped off. Man, I wish we knew who bid, I'm sure we're all curious to know how this goes down.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 12:37:52 PM »
 It wasn't me but the temptation was to great for someone, hope they get the bass.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2011, 12:51:39 PM »
I had a recent odd experience with an eBay auction.
Someone with 3 feedbacks had listed a 1941 Indian Model 841 army motorcycle. It had been on eBay before and this time, with a started bid of $200 I thought what the hell, I'll bid.

Auction proceeded along for about 5 days hitting well over $12,000. Then, with 2 days left, I received one notice from eBay that the highest bid had cancelled and that I was now the highest bidder.
Then I received another notice that my bid had been cancelled entirely.

I looked at the auction and it was still proceeding but my bid was no longer showing in the bid history or in "My eBay" as having been outbid. I tried to email the seller and ask what was going on, but all I received was an error saying the seller was unable to answer any questions about the auction.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.