Author Topic: Now Playing, at your work.  (Read 897 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Now Playing, at your work.
« on: April 03, 2010, 02:14:01 PM »

As some of you know I work with Seattle Lighting which is a retailer of all types of lighting, tho where I am primarily residential. We have a large, very nice showroom in fact the largest West of the Missisippi river, and as part of it there is a Muzak program of sorts with lots of choices. I have the coolest boss! We have a really good classic rock station with many songs I had quite forgotten and that sometimes just put a smile on your face.........
 There's nothing like selling a $5500.00 rock crystal chandelier while "Might just save your Life" by Deep Purple is playing........ ;D
 So what about you guys that work places with music? Whatcha got?

I'll probably drop a few more song titles in here, as this makes my job a pleasure!

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Re: Now Playing, at your work.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 02:56:34 PM »
i just listen to I tunes shuffle play all day. I used to listen to Pandora, but it made my computer lag.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 03:51:43 PM »
No music is provided, but I have a radio, CD or pandora on all day...and Friday afternoon is ALWAYS blues and oldies.  The later in the day on Friday, the louder it tends to get.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 05:54:49 PM »
I've been doing some service work on equipment late at night in a few places that have music services and as Mark says there are quite a few choices.  One place in Austin had a station selected that just confounded common Muzak type services - I heard Oingo Boingo, The Clash, The Buzzcocks, The Ramones, the Jam and several other early punk and new wave types bands - this was in a one hour call.

Mr. gauged ears, pierced everything college kid was kind of baffled that some old straightlaced business dude new who any of the bands where ;)  He told that during the day they played a MOR type cahnnel for the old folks.

I have heard actual Muzak versions of the damndest things - I swear I heard a Muzak version of God Save the Queen once - very frightening :o
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:51:49 PM by Lightyear »

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 08:06:04 PM »
When I was working in post houses I had audio to sync on many projects, so if I had anything on it was low volume and in the background. On some projects though, there was no audio involved. On those nights I'd plug my CD or mp3 player into the mixing board and crank it through the studio monitors. I worked swing or graves, so it could get LOUD...  :mrgreen:

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 01:13:49 PM »
I've been road based since '83 so the music is mostly whatever I choose to play... LOUD... (mostly)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 04:27:47 PM »
Luckily the small team I work with are cool with similar musical tastses. We usually have local radio station 3DFM which plays a lot of local bands plus has hour segments where all they play is Blues or soul or funk or Dinner Jazz. The 50's bubble gum pop B sides hour is always interesting. we are usually pretty happy with the quality of the music however the "Thrust in yer face" hour does get turned down  8)

Its a great station because it plays everything from Herb Alperts Tijuana Brass to Leadbelly to Greenday to new folk.

Possibly the only radio station in the country that plays Govt Mule.
Digresion our specialty!